Contract ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
Position Title: Accounts Receivable
Post Number: B001213
Grade: PS 6.1
Annual Salary: 1,906,500vt
Position Location: Port Vila
Contract Duration: 5 Years – full time
The Vanuatu Qualifications Authority (VQA) is the national regulator of the post-school education and training (PSET) sector. The VQA regulates PSET courses and providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
The VQA is one of the key agents in the implementation of the national PSET Policy 2016-2020. The VQA is working in close collaboration with the Tertiary Education Directorate of the Ministry of Education and Training and with PSET providers to achieve the PSET Policy vision of: A sustainable, well-coordinated and inclusive PSET system that maximises access to relevant and quality assured qualifications that lead to improved economic, social and cultural development opportunities for all.
Purpose of the Position is:
- The accounts receivable officer is responsible for ensuring VQA receives payment for goods and services provided and records those transactions accordingly
- Secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts, and resolving any discrepancies
- Maintaining the VQA Billing system, Account Statements, and Account Reconciliations, along with investigating any irregularities or enquiries.
- Producing Monthly Financial Reports
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
The Successful Candidate must meet the following Position criteria:
- Bachelor Degree and/or Diploma in Finance/Accounting/Banking and/or related field
- Experience in monetary payment processing
- Experience using MYOB
- Has knowledge of accounts receivable and general accounting principals
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures and protocols
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and information management (confidentiality)
- Excellent customer service skills, cooperative behaviour with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive mindset and ability to multitask, prioritize work, problem analysis and problem solving.
- Self-motivated person with high standards of personal excellence
- Fast Learner, reliable, punctual, and respect of self and others and commitment to work and in helping others – teamwork
- Computer literate
- Practical and analytical thinker
- Fluent in English, Bislama or French
664 total views, 3 today