Full-Time VBRC NATIONAL MANAGER
The Vanuatu Business Resilience Council (VBRC) is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to help it achieve its strategic goals. The contract will be for an initial period of 12 months starting early 2021.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strengthen private sector engagement in disaster risk management in Vanuatu through relationship building and coordination with Government counterparts
- Strengthen the capacity of the private sector to engage in disaster risk management, response and recovery initiatives in Vanuatu
- Create strategic partnerships and identify opportunities for collaboration both nationally and regionally
- Embed the private sector into Government’s disaster risk management structures in Vanuatu
- Design and manage a communications strategy, share best practice and support increased functionality and content on VBRC’s website and social media platforms
- Ensure the sustainability of activities within the funded projects under VBRC’s management
Eligibility and evaluation criteria
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Climate and Disaster Risk
- Management or other related field or proven practical experience
- 5 years of relevant experience both in the private sector, and/ or at the national or international level in strategic relationship management, providing management advisory services, resource mobilization and knowledge sharing. Must have experience working with Government Departments and agencies preferably in the Pacific.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience designing and implementing communications plans, the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships and ability to work autonomously and under minimal supervision;
- Fluency in English and Bislama preferred
963 total views, 1 today