Contract TRANSLATION OF MATERIALS FOR GENDER AND PROTECTION CLUSTER
Terms of Reference: Translation of Materials for Gender and Protection Cluster
Title: Translation of Materials for Gender and Protection Cluster
Position reports to: Tegan Molony, Gender Technical Advisor
Timeframe: to be discussed with consultant but completion must be by the end of May 2020.
About CARE Vanuatu
CARE is an international humanitarian aid organisation fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organisation, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency assistance.
CARE international in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate Change Adaptation, Agriculture and Water and Sanitation and Hygiene.
As part of CARE’s Gender Equality program, and with funding support from MFAT, CARE is providing technical support to the Gender and Protection Cluster, led by the Department of Women’s Affairs.
To support this endeavour, CARE is looking for a consultant to assist with translating workshops materials into Bislama from English.
The objectives of the assignment are:
- Review and translate text from English to Bislama (approximately 22,600 words in total).
Scope, Approach and Methods
The assignment is to be completed remotely and includes:
- Consultation with CARE’s Gender Equality Manager, Amy Green.
- Review and translation of text from English to Bislama
- Submission of draft for review and feedback from CARE
- Production and submission of final to CARE.
All necessary materials will be supplied (Word Documents and Power Point).
Schedule and Work plan
Activity 1: Consultation with CARE
Activity 2: Submission of draft Bislama text
Timeframe: End April
Activity 5: Amend draft based on CARE’s feedback
(1 round of review)
Timeframe: Early May
Activity 6: Submission of final print-ready, in-house print and web files
Timeframe: Mid May
Payment will be made to the service providers nominated bank account on completion and CARE Vanuatu approval of the finished designs.
- Fluent English and Bislama
- Proven translation skills (English to Bislama)
- Familiarity with Gender Equality and emergency response programming an advantage
- Strong computer skills (in particular Microsoft Word and Powerpoint)
- Strong time and project management skills
- Commitment to CARE’s Code of Conduct, including Child Protection and Prevention of Harassment and Sexual Exploitation
- Competitive costing
- Understanding of the aid and development sector.
How to Apply
Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest should include:
- A maximum 1-page cover letter including a statement of capability introducing the consultant and how the skills and competencies described above are met using concrete examples.
- Current CV of the consultant
- Translation fee rate and estimated days (approx. 22,600 words)
Expressions of interest and requests for further information should be submitted to Sylvain Malsungai at the following email address: [email protected].
Applications close 23rd April 2021 at 17.00 (Vanuatu Standard Time).
Approved by Sharon Alder, Program Director
247 total views, 27 today