Full-Time TRAINEE IT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Vodafone Vanuatu is seeking for an IT System Administrator support based in Port Vila.
The role of the Trainee IT System Administrator is to provide technical support to other Vodafone Vanuatu staffs pertaining to software, hardware and network within the Vodafone Vanuatu network environment. The incumbent is responsible to monitor and maintain the Vodafone Vanuatu IT computing environment through the operation and implementation of server, storage, web, database, or application solutions. Implement and maintain user and group rights and operating systems. Monitor and maintain system capacity, security, patch levels, documentation, and management tools. Finally, IT System Administrator will provide support to Vodafone Vanuatu staffs including desktop PC’s, laptops, printers, servers and other related equipment.
- Provide IT helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk ticketing interface.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Install, maintain and update computer systems, peripherals, servers and operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Operate and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Perform hardware and software upgrade for all workstations as required and upon request from end-users
- Efficiently manage and maintain printers and toners for corporate use
2. PROCUREMENT OF HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
- Provide technical specifications for hardware and software requirements for corporate use
- Assist in the sourcing activities, Request for Quotation (RFQ)/ Bill of Quantities (BOQ) & other peripherals for Corporate IT equipment both hardware and software requirements
- Work on Linux servers in virtualized environment
3. INTERNAL CORPORATE SERVERS AND SYSTEMS
- Track system metrics and respond to system alerts, for example: uptime, capacity, backups, and security.
Operate and maintain Corporate IT servers and systems under supervision of IT/ IP Manager as follows:
– Main Domain Controller
– Main Exchange server
– SUNSYSTEM Server
– WSUS server
– Corporate DNS
– Active Directory
– Intranet portal
– Mc Afee server
– CONNX server
– Main corporate file server
a. Manage and Maintain Share Drives and Resources over Local area network
b. Manage File Server Resource Management The IT Technician will be also required to operate and maintain new platforms in addition to the above. Appropriate training will be provided for such tasks.
- Provide assistants to Senior Network administrator
4. IT SECURITY
- Manage and maintain the following systems:
a. Antivirus products
– Manage console
– Client deployment and configuration
– Configure security policies
c. Web filtering
– Monitor Corporate Internet usage
– Manage and maintain pre-defined policy for site access
– Modification of defined policy when required
5. MONITORING and PERFORMANCE REPORTING
- Ensure that all corporate servers & systems and the Corporate LAN are constantly monitored, and necessary actions are taken when any issue arises to resolve it
- Provide a dashboard for performance reporting of all servers, systems and network elements pertaining to Corporate on a weekly basis
6. CORPORATE LOCAL AREA NETWORK
- Operate and maintain the Corporate LAN and ensure its smooth running
- Provide technical support to end-users regarding any issue that involves the Corporate LAN.
7. DOCUMENTATION AND SPARES
- Keep and update appropriate documentations of all changes carried out
- Keep updated inventory of all existing computer systems, peripherals, servers and software pertaining to corporate network
- Manage efficiently all spares
8. TRANSVERSE ACTIVITIES
- Participate and assist other team members within the IP/IT department for projects related to IT systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or IS
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft environment (Windows 2008 R2, Exchange, Active Directory, WSUS…)
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
- Good knowledge of the Internet environment (DNS, SMTP, POP, HTTP, PHP…) and IP Networking
- Very good communications skills both spoken and written
- Commensurate experience supporting computers and servers
- Good problem-solving skills and work under stress
3. Personal characteristics
- Team player
- Self-learner and eager to take challenges
811 total views, 1 today