Full-Time TECHNICAL WORKSHOP MANAGER
Alubat Ltd T/A PTH Vanuatu and its associated company is looking for a Qualified Technical Workshop Manager.
The role is a senior position in the group.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment. We have a strong focus on developing our people with the potential to further their career.
This exciting role would involve you managing and monitoring production KPI’s to ensure that the company achieves its quality and delivery targets. You’ll ensure that all production activity is cost efficient and effective.
This position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of efficiency and productivity across all workshop locations, and you will deliver this through effective day to day management, strong personnel management, a steadfast focus on the delivery of quality products, and a passion to take ownership in order to deliver the best outcomes for the business.
An experienced leader of people, you’ll use your leadership style to improve performance, get support for your ideas and uphold the company’s core values.
Due to the nature of our business, experience in mechanical, fabrication and building work is essential.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering & technical drawings.
- Management and responsibility for the delivery of all workshop activities, including: production and productivity, job profitability, occupational health and safety, quality and operational performance
- Measure, monitor, and manage all workshop activities to ensure business deliverables are met
- Plan and schedule all workshop activities in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Workshop Supervisor to optimize the use of plant, equipment, facilities and personnel
- Have a working understanding of production planning & scheduling, procurement, MRP and stock mgmt. systems
- Ensure that the quality of all fabrication work carried out conforms to the client’s specifications and to the Company’s quality system
- Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Strong problem solving skills & ‘design for manufacture’ skills.
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practice.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and Customer focused working environment.
- Provide regular feedback and reporting (both informal and formal) to Senior Management on workshop performance and deliverables
- In conjunction with Operations Manager and Senior Management, ensure that the activities of the workshop are coordinated so that contracts are completed within budget and within their agreed timeframe
- Ensure that rectification plans are put in place for areas that are underperforming, and ensure delivery of these plans
- Be able to get things done and make things happen to achieve the aims of production and the business.
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business. Ensure the proper use of workshop equipment and materials
- Oversee the maintenance of the transport fleet and all plant and equipment to ensure that its availability is maximized
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications
Additional Key Responsibilities: Cross Functional Role within our Group
The candidate will be expected to do a cross functional team collaboration within our group of companies. You will use your expertise to collaborate with our associated companies to ensure project completion.
Experience & Criteria required:
- Essential is that you bring demonstrated prior experience working as a Technical Workshop Manager in a heavy duty and project driven environment.
- A Trade Qualification or Electro-Mechanical & Technical Qualification is a must
- Prior exposure to Structural, Mechanical, Piping and technical work within the resources sector
361 total views, 1 today