Full-Time TEAM LEADER – TC HAROLD/ COVID-19 RECOVERY (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
Job Reference: CIV2102
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu (CARE Vanuatu) has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response and Recovery.
CARE Vanuatu is implementing a recovery program for Tropical Cyclone Harold and the impacts of COVID-19. CARE in partnership with the Vanuatu Christian Council (VCC), Nasituan, and Wan Smol Bag (WSB), and in collaboration with the Vanuatu Society for People with a Disability, is responding to the recovery needs of affected households in the island of Pentecost. The recovery program is focusing on food security and women’s economic empowerment and leadership, as well as an ongoing shelter response.
This position is based in Pentecost.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Coordinating all field based activities
- Leading a team of CARE staff
- Coordinating closely with partner agencies and volunteers
- Ensuring all activities implemented are completed in an effective and efficient way, also in a transparent and collaborative way
- Ensuring CARE contributes to the effective coordination of activities through coordination mechanisms.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, or equivalent projects and/or minimum 4-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in community based development work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Proven experience in coordinating activities during an emergency response and recovery, including shelter, food security and/or women’s leadership would be ideal;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, decision making, problem solving, planning, analytical and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading, people management and motivating a team;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, training skills in Bislama and good in English;
- Ability to coordinate this technical function(s) and implement procedures and processes, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Ability to develop high quality, concise reports and submission with accuracy;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy.
- Representational skills including developing networks and relationships with key stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work safely and effectively with communities and vulnerable groups including at risk youth and children;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash;
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel; and
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including diversity and cultural sensitivity.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
725 total views, 1 today