Full-Time SYSTEM ANALYST & CORE SUPPORT
Vodafone Vanuatu is seeking for a System Analyst & Core Support based in Port Vila.
The System Analyst & Core support is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The incumbent participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The incumbent ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, proper function of other entities that rely on the IS infrastructure and provides the best quality of service to end-users. The additional Core support is a partial duty only when required by Management to assist with CN related tasks. This involves assisting the CN team as and when required.
- Carry out the appropriate IS infrastructure planning and development for both systems hardware and software evolution.
- Assist department Head in the preparation of the IP and IT annual budget for both CAPEX and OPEX.
- Responsible for all hardware and software management of the IS infrastructure to ensure the highest availability of services and proper functioning of other entities dependent on the IS infrastructure and create a proper health check report daily.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request for all IS Nodes
- Provide the necessary Level 3 support to other departments and entities pertaining to IS issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders within company and with vendor support.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Implement, configure and maintain VMware installations such as vSphere, View, SRM, vCloud, etc.
- Manage and maintain the DNS servers and applications. Also perform the administration of the VUNIC platform for domain name registration and management of the .vu ccTLD as Registrar
- Liaise with ICANN and IANA for all relevant matters regarding the administration of the .vu ccTLD. as Registrar
- Manage and maintain Alepo and Allot servers and applications
- Administration and maintenance of the public email server
- Configure, manage and maintain Linux, Unix and Apache server environments
- Configure, manage and maintain applications running on Windows Server 2003 environment and onwards
- Manage and maintain Storage Area Network (SAN) and data backup & replication software for both dedicated and virtualized server environments such as Veeam
- Carry out hardware and Software management of the Anti-SPAM filter solution
- Perform NTP server management for synchronization of network elements with the NTP pool of servers
- Participate and assist in the design and implementation phase of projects related to Data & IP
- Participate and assist in the configuration and management of Cisco equipment
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of the Checkpoint Firewall
- Be available to work outside normal business hours and/or for call-out tasks
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from System Analyst in the roles ascribed.
- Liaise with ICANN and IANA for all relevant matters regarding the administration of the .vu as a Registrar.
- Assist CN team only as and when required. CS assistance is essential. Roaming and PS is also recommended.
- Minimum of a University degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or other equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution
- MSCA and/ or CCNA certifications are highly desirable and would be an advantage
- Principles, practices, and technologies of computer operations, programming, scripting, and systems analysis
- Expert knowledge and working experience in Windows and Linux server environments
- Very good knowledge of applications and protocols such as DNS, SMTP, IMAP POP3 and SNMP
- Sound knowledge of virtualization, virtual machines, vSphere ESXi and vCenter Server Management
- Good knowledge of SAN technology especially EMC and HP
- A solid understanding of LAN/ WAN networking
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting
- Solid understanding in CS with knowledge in CN
- Experience with CS NEs including NSN. Knowledge in ZTE Core would be a bonus
- Good communications skills both spoken and written
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good troubleshooting skills in IT/ Systems and CN
- Valid driving license is a must
4. Personal characteristics
- Team player
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-learner and eager to take challenges
691 total views, 2 today