Full-Time SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER
An exciting opportunity awaits you to Join our dynamic and advancing Support Services team, in supporting our programs, contributing to lasting positive impact in the lives of children in Vanuatu.
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for planning, managing, implementing, and monitoring the daily activities of the supply chain function, including procurement, asset, fleet and inventory management. A key component of the role is capacity building program offices to ensure that they are compliant with supply chain processes, policies and procedures.
The Supply Chain Officer reports to the Support Services Coordinator and work in close collaboration with the support services team at program offices to ensure they are aware of and compliant with SCA policies, procedures, and standards. Work closely with Program Offices to ensure that they meet cyclical (weekly / monthly / quarterly) reporting deadlines in respect to procurement, assets, fleet and inventory management.
SAVE THE CHILDREN is no ordinary not-for-profit
We’re ambitious, creative, and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from abuse & violence. We run programs in Australia, the Pacific and overseas supporting long-term projects and responding to natural disaster/emergencies.
Where you come in:
This is a full-time position reporting to the Support services Coordinator within Support services Team, based in Port Vila. The position will work closely with the Support Services officers in the head office to ensure they are aware of and compliant with SCA policies, procedures, and standards. Work closely with program offices to ensure that they meet cyclical (weekly / monthly / quarterly) reporting deadlines in respect to procurement, assets, fleet and inventory management and closely with program offices to facilitate continuous improvement in respect to Support Services quality standards.
You will make an impact by:
- Coordinate closely with the program implementation department and program offices to ensure procurement plans are submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensure that procurement is completed on time and that value for money is attained. SCA procurement policies are adhered to.
- Procurement tracker for country office and program offices are kept up-to-date and communicated on a weekly basis to inform pipeline tracking and accruals.
- Drive key activities that improve efficiency and effectiveness of procurement, including capacity building of staff, systematic review and selection of preferred suppliers, credit and payment arrangements.
- Ensure that an up-to-date asset register is maintained on a monthly basis at both country office and program office levels
- Asset registration, tracking, allocation and disposal processes are adhered to and necessary supporting documentation captured.
- Ensure that fixed asset stock take and reconciliation process takes place quarterly for the program offices that you are supporting
- Ensure that Fleet performance reporting is being completed at the program offices every month to the required standard, and that supporting documentation is fully captured.
- Ensure Drivers are performing to expectations as outline in the position description
- Ensure that inventory management systems, policies and procedures are being implemented at the program office level. This includes receipt, valuation, storage, distribution, stock take and reconciliation.
- Manage warehouse and contingency stock for emergencies
Does this sounds like you?
…You are ambitious, collaborative, hardworking and willing to learn.
This role requires:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in supply chain work environment
- Experience in and/or knowledge of procurement systems and procedures
- Experience in and/or knowledge of asset, fleet and inventory management
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to communicate with diverse set of stakeholders
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills and ability articulate complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong ability to prioritise, plan and meet multiple deadlines each month
- Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Solutions focused with ability to identify weaknesses and implement process improvements
- Excellent understanding of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
- Customer service mindset
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and perceives diversity as a key organisational strength
- Written and verbal fluency in English, fluency in Bislama desirable
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making Vanuatu and the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same with a rewarding package in:
- Opportunity to work alongside program staffs
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities
- Child friendly work environment
- Attractive Renumeration packages (Salary & Benefits)
710 total views, 1 today