Full-Time SPECIALIST PAINT & PANEL BEATER TECHNICIAN
We are recruiting people to join our thriving team in Carpenter Motors Vanuatu. We need experienced individuals with a passion and depth of experience in the Automotive Panel / Workshop sector who will take forwards and grow our business. You will be part of a diverse team that provides innovative solutions, help spearhead the growth of the business.
The Specialist Paint & Panel Beater Technician (SPPBT) will be responsible for preparation and professional paint works on all vehicles. The SPPBT will be required to carry out quality workmanship and assist in the training, advising and providing repair quotes to clients. In addition, to maintain proper conditioning of the technical facility, tools and equipment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Trade qualification Auto Painter;
- Over 10 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proven experience in mixing paints to specifies proportions and to obtain proper consistency for application;
- Experience with all different types of paint sprayers, panel repairs and paint works;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety, as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation;
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose paint problems to prevent maintenance;
- Capable of performing work independently or as a team;
- Must be very detail oriented, creative and enthusiastic.
- Carry out professional finish works on all paintworks carried out and ensure proper operation Paint Booth;
- Assist painters on-the-job, providing technical information, facilitate application of special tools and equipment;
- Inspect vehicles and prepare quotes precise to damages and create technical reports relating to accidents where manufacturer intervention required;
- Use specialized equipment to carry out paint repairs with minimum or no supervision;
- Email manufacturers and provide details technical report where factory liaison is required;
- Use computerized paint systems and prepare paints for specific vehicles plus colour matching;
- Research new and improved painting, supplies, materials and processes to ensure the best end product;
- Inventory knowledge in order to place orders for supplies and materials if needed.
282 total views, 2 today