Contract SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS RECOGNITION OFFICER
The Vanuatu Qualifications Authority (VQA) is the national regulator of the post-school education and training (PSET) sector. The VQA regulates PSET courses and providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
The VQA is one of the key agents in the implementation of the national PSET Policy 2016-2020. The VQA is working in close collaboration with the Tertiary Education Directorate of the Ministry of Education and Training and with PSET providers to achieve the PSET Policy vision of: A sustainable, well-coordinated and inclusive PSET system that maximises access to relevant and quality assured qualifications that lead to improved economic, social and cultural development opportunities for all.
Purpose of the Position is:
- To coordinate the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Assist to ensure registered providers are aware of RPL processes and are implementing the RPL Policy
- Liaise with stakeholders to facilitate and promote the Recognition of Prior Learning Services
- Oversee, coordinate, and assess the applications for RPL award to identify the eligibility for applicant for RPL assessment and credit transfers
- Evaluate applications for Recognition of Foreign Qualifications in Vanuatu
- Record and maintain the register of FQRS and report on decisions made
- Provide advice to senior management and address queries on the status, progress, and issues arising in the implementation of RPL Services
The Successful Candidate must meet the following Position criteria:
- Post-Graduate or Bachelor Degree in Education
- 3+ year relevant work experience
- 3+ year teaching experience
- Knowledge and understanding of education and training course designs, delivery and review
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, policies and strategic documents guiding the work of VQA
- Knowledge and skills in Recognition of Prior Learning Assessments
- Evidence of highly developed research and reporting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of issues in local and international recognition of prior learning and recognition of qualifications
- Knowledge of the Vanuatu Qualifications Framework
- Computer literate
- Ability to produce high quality work within required timeframes and datelines
- Excellent group facilitation skills and ability to provide support and assistance to team members
- Analytical and practical thinker
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and achieve outcomes with minimum supervision
- Hard working
- Honest and respectful
- Fluent in English or French and Bislama
How to Apply
If you believe you have the necessary Qualification, skills, experience and passion for this role; please collect a VQA Application Form available from the VQA office reception.
The VQA Application form should be submitted with relevant copies of academic transcripts, contact details of three referees and CV attached and addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Vanuatu Qualifications Authority
Application for the position (Position Number: B00141)
P. O. Box 153
Or send your application to this email address : [email protected] You can also request a full Job Description for this role from this address, or call our Office number – 33515 ext.: 4704 for more information.
Vanuatu Qualifications Authority is a equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from people of all abilities, age, religion, genders in line with the Government of Vanuatu’s employment Act. Open to ni-vanuatu applicants.
272 total views, 1 today