Contract SENIOR PROVINCIAL FACILITATOR/ PROVINCIAL FACILITATOR
VHP is expanding work in selected provinces to support improved decentralised health service delivery in line with both the new Health Sector Strategy and the Government’s renewed commitment to its decentralisation agenda. Based in Luganville, Sanma Province, the Senior Provincial Facilitator will help coordinate initiatives to solve service delivery challenges, with a focus on demonstrating small-scale models of reform, which can then be learned from and expanded. The role will engage with organisations and individuals across the Sanma provincial government with an interest in solving health service delivery problems and encourage a coordinated response, including strengthening linkages between provincial and national systems. Reporting to the VHP Lead Facilitator based in Port Vila, the Senior Provincial Facilitator will lead a small mobile team of facilitators working across Sanma and other provinces.
- Manage the VHP provincial facilitators and provide direction to VHP’s provincial focus component, in collaboration with the VHP Lead Facilitator and Program Facilitator.
- Engage strategically with the Sanma provincial council, provincial Ministry of Health (MoH) personnel, as well as other cross-sector partners, including Area Secretaries and Administrators under the Department of Local Authorities, the Sanma Skills Centre, Public Service Commission, and to facilitate a coordinated and systematic approach to addressing priority health service delivery problems.
- Bring together key actors, under the guidance of the Secretary General, to identify priority entry points for health service improvements and establish processes for effective teamwork and project management to maximise these.
- Work with the VHP DFA Finance and Procurement Manager, VHP Senior Health Sector Planning Adviser, and Provincial Facilitators to support Sanma province to systematically plan, implement, and report on the DFA workplan.
- Work closely with the Sanma Skills Centre ‘Skills for Health Coordinator’ to maximise the impact of resources in support of improved health service delivery reform, with a specific focus on priority training and professional development needs.
- Strengthen linkages between provincial and national systems related to health service delivery to assist in addressing long-standing blockages and poor coordination.
- Work with the VHP Program Quality Coordinator to capture and learn from progress made through the support by VHP to Sanma and other provinces.
- Identify key strategic communications and public diplomacy opportunities that highlight the benefits of the collective action facilitated by VHP and its partners in Sanma province and also build local ownership of, and appetite for, increased health service delivery reform.
- Monitor the evolving policy, operational and relational environment and provide proactive advice on emerging risks and opportunities, as well as management strategies, to the VHP leadership team.
519 total views, 1 today