Full-Time SENIOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
- Opportunity to contribute to the education sector in Vanuatu
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Duration: Full time 12-month contract (temporary position)
On behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Coffey is managing the delivery of support and technical assistance to the Vanuatu Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) as part of the Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP II). We support the MoE in implementing its reform program that is focused on children across Vanuatu having better access to an inclusive, quality basic education, as well as supporting the management and allocation of education resources through evidence-based decision making.
Coffey through VESPII is seeking applications for the position of Senior Finance and Administration Officer to join this program, while existing employees take maternity leave and other scheduled leave.
This role is reserved for Vanuatu Citizens.
The VESP II Senior Finance & Administration Officer in consultation with the Operations Manager will work with Program Activity leads and Activity Managers to ensure project activity budgets are understood and managed. You will increase program activity forecasting, planning, communication, documentation and training and improve finance operations.
Reporting to the VESPII Operations Manager, the Senior Finance and Administration Officer will also work collaboratively with the Finance Manager and Project Accountant. Some key responsibilities will include.
- Provide advice on financial regulations within Vanuatu
- Ensure program financial management complies with DFAT requirements and meets program accounting audit standards
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of expenditures and forward estimates
- Provide advice to the VESP management team regarding budget management
- Oversee approaches to market and guide procurement;
- Greater engagement with the MoET Finance and alignment of documented processes
- Manage the financial independent audit and any other financial audits
- Oversee and support of any other activities as required.
We are seeking applicants with degree level qualifications in financial administration or accounting with significant experience in program administration management. The successful candidate will be fluent in Bislama and also have good English and/or French language skills. With strong computer skills, particularly in MS Excel and MS Word you will also have a willingness to learn to learn and adapt to a dynamic operational environment. You will have very good written and oral communication skills, including good summary and report-writing skills as well as strong organisation and record keeping skills. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work in a cooperative manner as part of a dynamic team.
907 total views, 1 today