Full-Time SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Job Reference: CIV2005
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA).
We are currently seeking interested individuals for the position of Senior Administration Officer to be part of CARE Vanuatu Operations team in Tanna. This is a very important role as it is responsible for leading all administration and logistics functions in the CARE Tanna Office.
There are possible travel required for this role to other sites.
The major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Responsible for the full and proper implementation of CARE systems of management, compliance and control with regard to the following areas:
– Administration (facilities and office management)
– Human Resources
– Logistics and Procurement
– Commodity management
– Information Technology Communications (Equipment) and Asset Management
- Acts as the alternate CARE Tanna Safety and Security Focal Point (S&SFP) in coordination with the Tanna Head of Office and perform the responsibilities of the Safety and Security Focal Point (S&SFP) in his/ her absence
- Provides support and leadership with capacity strengthening to team members.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Office Management or equivalent and/ or minimum 3- 4 year relevant work experience, preferably in office management, logistics, administration and/or safety and security;
- Excellent communication skills in Bislama and intermediate in English;
- Ability to coordinate a technical function(s) and implement procedures and processes, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, decision making, problem solving, analytical and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and motivating a team;
- Proven understanding of working with an NGO and a willingness to learn about CARE activities;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy.
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash; and
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point, and excellent numeric skills.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
1492 total views, 1 today