Full-Time SECRETARIAT COORDINATOR
The Vanuatu Christian Council (VCC) is seeking a Vanuatu Church Partnership Program (VCPP) Secretariat Coordinator for the Vanuatu Church Partnership Program. This is a full-time position, due to start July 2021 to June 2023 for an initial 24 -months contract with possibility of extension.
The VCPP Secretariat Coordinator shall act as the central focal point for church coordination in the development sector, supporting consultation, sharing and collaborative engagement amongst its member churches. Day to day work involves regular liaison with partner church leaders and project coordinators, VCC management, Australian partners and donors. The coordinator should maintain a balance between communication and networking, and administration and reporting.
1. Project Management including development of annual work plans, detailed implementation plans, monthly reporting, and budget planning and monitoring
2. Regular liaison and strengthening of the communication with Church leaders, Government and Partners
3. Organise and act as the Secretary for bi-annual Partner and VRG meetings
4. Plan and implement a series of capacity building activities on topics nominated by the VCPP members
5. Identify opportunities for professional development of VCPP members, either within churches or through external partners
6. Support the identification and development of funding opportunities, including grant writing and donor liaison
7. Ensure high quality member reporting and joint reports (including annual VCPP report and relevant project reports)
8. Ensure VCPP activities and initiatives are aligned with its long-term vision and Strategic Plan
9. Support facilitation of the monitoring, evaluation and review of the VCPP Strategic Plan and annual work plan
10. Conduct other duties in support of VCC as identified by its Management Team (for example, representation or coordination of related church networks and meetings as they arise)
11. As necessary, support joint advocacy initiatives among member churches
Key Position Competencies:
- Commitment to the values and purposes of VCPP and the VCC;
- A comprehensive and current knowledge of the trends and emerging issues in the government, Church, community and NGO sectors
- Demonstrated competency in participative approaches to empowerment with effective facilitation skills.
- Highly developed strategic thinking capabilities, including the ability to identify and address program opportunities and constraints and assist in solving critical long- and short-term issues
- Strong understanding of development program cycle management, including design, planning and the monitoring and evaluation of performance;
- Broad experience in the administration of community, government or Church based organisations, including strong report writing and presentation abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to mediate and negotiate outcomes in complex work situations;
- Sound knowledge of the social and political challenges facing the VCPP
- Financial management and budgeting skills related to work plans and critical path timing to achieve key goals and objectives
Key Personal Competencies:
- Interpersonal relationship building and networking
- Task oriented
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Planning and organising
- Communication and advocacy
- Sensitivity to differences among the different Churches (ecumenical approach)
- Enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably a development related degree or diploma level qualification plus relevant experience, equating to degree level qualifications.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a manager or coordinator in an NGO, Church organisation, etc.
- Previous experience of preparing and managing financial budgets and presenting financial statements to controlling boards of management.
- Previous experience of preparing position papers and presenting strategic and policy proposals to management boards utilising power-point applications etc.
- Computer literate in a wide range of Microsoft office applications and preferably with Excel applications in planning and scheduling work plans and resource allocation.
- A person of good standing and integrity with a sound record of good governance in office without previous incidents of misconduct or police charges. Attends Church on a regular basis and preferably plays an active role in Church affairs, and/ or the affairs of a service organisation working to strengthen Communities.
503 total views, 1 today