Full-Time RESORT HEAD CHEF
Join the happy team in the tranquil ocean environs of White Grass Ocean Resort & Spa!
Are you ambitious and love life but looking for an interesting sea change?
The Ocean View Restaurant at White Grass Ocean Resort & Spa is looking for a talented and experienced Head Chef.
We are recognised as the best restaurant on Tanna and are well known for our delicious meals, relaxing ambience and friendly team members.
We need someone creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation with the ability to maintain complete control of the kitchen. The main focus will be on continuing our legacy of offering great food.
- On a daily plan, direct and lead the way in food preparation, presentation and delivery
- Highly focused & hands on approach
- Developing and leading a dynamic team
- Have strong communication and organizational skills
- Create and proactive work environment
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends & nights
- Able to work under pressure
- Manage the kitchen from front of house to back of house
- Keep food cost in check: control portion sizes, purchasing quantities, food wastage
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet top quality standards
- Maintain consistency of menu items in presentation, quality, serving size
- Initiate procedures and systems to eliminate pilferage
- Recruit, train and manage kitchen team members; set clear and consistent expectations
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Rectify arising problems or complaints from customers
- Perform administrative duties – purchasing, stock control, stock taking, market visitation
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with internal and external customers
- Experience in a small, upmarket resort or in another remote location would be an advantage but not a requirement.
- Proven working experience as a Chef de Partie or Head Chef in a Resort or Restaurant
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Able to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of multi-tasking
- A passion for creating fabulous food
- Have excellent communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- It would be advantageous if you have a working knowledge of computers
- Full valid driver’s licence
- Contactable references.
We believe it is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic and a passion for food to further their career on a highly regarded island resort. You will report directly to the Resort Managers and will be responsible for maintaining the effective running of our kitchen.
1338 total views, 3 today