Contract QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CONSULTANT
Terms of Reference
Quality Management System Consultant for the Youth Challenge Vanuatu
Youth Challenge Vanuatu (YCV) is a registered charitable organization in Vanuatu and has been working with Vanuatu’s young people since 2001. YCV aspires to empower young people to reach and realize their potential through community development, leadership, business, career and employment programs and services.
YCV has recently completed its new ten (10) year Strategic Plan. YCV’s 2022 Business Plan development is underway, and it is now seeking consultancy support to assist with the development of its Quality Management System.
This Terms of Reference sets out the parameters for an independent consultant to undertake this ‘one-off’ contract to be completed by end of September 2022. Given the short timeframe and limited budget, Oxfam in consultation with YCV will appoint a QMS consultant to undertake this work to support the Youth Challenge Vanuatu (YCV) to achieve the outcome of a new QMS Manual for YCV.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will report directly to the Executive Director of YCV and work with the YCV team. YCV will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment.
The QMS Manual development process will incorporate:
- Review of YCV plans, documentation and systems, including the Strategic Plan 2022-2032, EYEL 2018-2022 commitments, existing policies, procedures, forms and checklists, program delivery and learner management information, data gathering information, and digital systems.
- Personnel interviews, roles analysis.
- Coordination of personnel input to populate templates.
- Alignment with required existing / new technology solutions.
- Drafting, presentation and finalization of QMS Manual.
- Personnel implementation overview & initial training.
- A robust project methodology will be engaged including:
- Scoping – Agreed Project scoping including objectives, outcomes, timeframe and communications.
- Agreed Deliverables – specific and documented.
- Milestones – established at the planning stage to assist in progress reporting.
- Partnership – open and continuous communication ensuring a “no surprises” approach.
- Involvement – key people ensuring the opportunity to provide feedback throughout the process, developing an ownership of the outcomes, and
- Consistency – maintenance of key personnel.
Qualifications of the Consultant
Qualification must be a Bachelor or Diploma in management or Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental management systems or relevant certificates in education and has an experience in operating requirements, quality assurance, and risk management.
Experience 5 – 8 years of professional experience with proven skills and expertise in QMS development and management.
How to Apply
Process for expressing interest
Consultants wishing to express interest in the consultancy should submit the following documents to Sawia Noel Steven at [email protected] by 4.30pm Vanuatu time on 1st July 2022 :
- Cover letter briefly outlining relevant experience with this type of assignment and addressing the selection criteria set out above
- A brief proposal (1p) outlining the proposed approach and methodology for the consultancy
- Curriculum vitae with three references
- A full budget, clearly outlining all fees and expenses
- Confirmation of availability to undertake the consultancy within the timeframe set out above, and preferred dates (if any)
- Confirmation of place of current residence and right to work in Vanuatu.
208 total views, 2 today