Full-Time PUBLIC DIPLOMACY UNIT MANAGER
About the Australian High Commission in Port Vila
The Australian High Commission in Port Vila manages the Australian Government’s presence in Vanuatu. We promote Australia’s interests, facilitate international trade and investment, deliver development assistance, respond to crises and provide services to Australian citizens. Details of our Department’s work, as well as our purpose, outcomes and priority functions can be found on our website www.vanuatu.embassy.gov.au.
About the Public Diplomacy Unit
The Australian High Commission Public Diplomacy Unit plans and implements our public diplomacy strategy in order to ensure our events promote a clear and confident vision of Australia and its role in Vanuatu. The Unit is responsible for:
- the High Commission’s online presence;
- media engagement including press releases and communications products to support the work of the High Commission and Australia’s aid program;
- organising public events, including the Namatan Short Film Festival; and
- media support for high level visits and crises.
About the position
Under general direction, the Public Diplomacy Unit Manger will lead a team to plan and implement the Australian High Commission’s public diplomacy strategy. The Manager will develop, produce and disseminate products including media releases, social media, photos and videos. The Manager will also monitor media and other communications services. The role will manage the Public Diplomacy Unit and its budget.
The application pack includes the following information and guidance for candidates
- Position description.
- Selection criteria questions for candidate response.
- Referee requirements.
- Guidance on how to apply.
461 total views, 7 today