Full-Time PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER
- Support the Program Manager and staff in timely and accurate program implementation and reporting
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Inclusion Program
- Organise the logistics of engaging with partners and networks
- Maintain program filing system
- Support documentation including taking minutes at meetings and reporting as required
- Provide training for staff and partners in program systems
- Work with the PQ/MERL Coordinator on the development and use of program MERL systems
- With the Organisational Development Coordinator, ensure Partners are compliant with Oxfam program standards
- Support the Program Manager, Network/ Partner coordinator with monitoring and evaluation and program quality requirements directed and supported by the program Quality team
- Undertake all job responsibilities in a manner consistent with all Oxfam HR policies and procedures including Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity and Occupational health and safety guidelines.
- There are no staff reporting to this role
- Participate in Oxfam performance management framework and activities
- Contribute to the implementation and compliance of health, safety and security policies and frameworks
- Ensure the security and safety of self, others and Oxfam property
- Mitigate against risk and report incidents to supervisor
Representation and Relationships
- Engages primarily with the Inclusion Program Manager and program team
- Reports to the Inclusion Program Manager
- Understanding of cultural context
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- An ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team and set own work plan, meet deadlines and balance competing priorities
- An understanding of and commitment to Oxfam’s values and to promoting diversity and gender equality.
Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ experience working in office administration
- Experience in coordinating and organizing events
- Experience in book keeping and/or financial management
- Experience in budget development and controls
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing online and paper filing systems
- Experience in booking flights, accommodation, catering and venues
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Email)
- Fluent written and verbal English and Bislama
The position is based in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The role may involve some travel to program site of implementing partners and visits to rural communities – involving over-land4-wheel drive vehicles, small boats and plane trips.
It is a condition of employment that staff abide by all agency security and safety protocols, policies and procedures and the Oxfam International Security Protocol.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
As an agency undertaking work both nationally and internationally and in humanitarian response, Oxfam in Vanuatu takes its duty of care seriously to safeguard children and recognises that it must meet community expectations and the trust placed in its personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within OiV are required to comply with the Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct and Social Media User Policy.
This role requires work in communities or schools (overseas and domestic) on a regular basis.
This role requires Oxfam representation when occasionally visiting the field (overseas and domestic).
1167 total views, 1 today