Full-Time PERMANENT CONTROLLER
BRED (Vanuatu) Limited is part of the second largest banking group in France, “Banque Populaire”, which also has regional outlets in New Caledonia, Tahiti, Vanuatu, Fiji and Solomon Islands. With an established presence across retail, commercial and corporate banking, an opportunity is available for a suitably experienced and qualified PERMANENT CONTROLLER to be based in Port Vila. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer [CRO] – Regional, this role is established to provide continued assurance on the effectiveness of the Bank’s internal second level controls and coordinates the process of risk identification, evaluation and recommendation for compliance with internal & external guidelines and regulations.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Carrying out regular second level permanent controls as provided under the Bank’s annual control plan, which includes the areas of Operations, Finance and Credit.
- Evaluate compliance with the system of internal controls, assess the reliability and integrity of information and compliance with Bank policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Monitor consistently and report on the Bank’s Risk Limits
- Review work flow and existing policies and procedures to identify areas of risks and provide recommendations & solutions for improvement
- Promote and support a culture of compliance, risk avoidance, mitigation and corporate accountability within the Bank through training and knowledge sharing.
- Tertiary qualification – University Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Management or a related field from a credible institution
- Experience – minimum of 5 years of experience in banking or financial environment
- Professional/ specialist knowledge – Banking Industry with sound knowledge and understanding of risk management, banking processes and internal control and/ or audit functions. Basic knowledge of Banking Regulations/ Legislation and Excel/ PowerPoint (desirable)
- Other attributes – approachable personality, exceptional communication skills, team player and comfortable working as part of a diverse and multicultural organization.
- Remuneration package is negotiable.
1202 total views, 2 today