Contract PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR
- Fully remote role, this role can be based anywhere in the APAC region ie, any country in the Pacific Islands region, Papua New Guinea, Timor Leste, Australia, New Zealand
- 24 months with the possibility of extension
In a nutshell
Catalpa International is a global development organisation designing new, creative ways of tackling complex problems. We integrate international development practice, design thinking, and adaptive management with the potential of technology to drive change.
Catalpa brings together people from unique backgrounds to work together on meaningful projects — education specialists, engineers, designers, education economists, public health researchers, nutritionists, international development practitioners, and operations personnel. Check us out at https://catalpa.io/
Catalpa is seeking to support its growth through the creation of a Partnerships Coordinator role. Reporting to the Partnerships and Growth Manager, this role will provide important support for the implementation of Catalpa’s ambitious business development strategy.
For this role, we are seeking a go-getter, creative thinker that loves opportunity and growth and trying new things. Experience in program design, business development or international development in the Asia Pacific region will be highly regarded.
About the position
The Partnerships Coordinator will work with our teams to generate and coordinate compelling project proposals, presentations, and client touch points. You will work with the Partnerships and Growth Manager, and collaborate with global and local teams to maintain and optimise a set of tools, processes, and systems that supports and governs our business development cycle to achieve growth strategy goals.
The Partnerships Coordinator will act as a point of “connection” between area Heads and the broader management of a pipeline and opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Track and maintain information on opportunities
- Generate leads – pitch decks and other business related collateral.
- Support communications in sector areas that wish to enhance thought leadership through conferences and advocacy papers
- Assist in the development and maintenance of business development systems and processes
- Assist in the development of the organisational growth strategy
- Coordinate and support internal reporting, including meetings.
- Support all key administrative elements of preparing and responding to bids
- Prepare and write proposals working with the Partnerships and Growth Manager, finance team, and sector teams
- Support business development data collection, maintenance, analysis and reporting.
- Help undertake secondary research and client / industry analysis to support our understanding of client briefs to enable more effective and compelling project proposals.
- Work in close collaboration with Catalpa’s Communications Lead to develop and adapt promotional material for clients.
- Support the editing of all Catalpa outputs, including reports, tenders, manuals and other important deliverables as needed.
The role will play a critical role with supporting:
- Tender Management and Administration
- Tender writing and output support
- Tracking and prospecting
- Supporting the development of systems and processes for business development
- Creating proposal response templates
- Relevant work background with at least 4 years of professional experience: Preference is for 4 years experience in business development. A relevant degree is an added advantage. Past work with government and/or donors is a must. International development experience will be highly regarded.
- Research Experience: You love learning and research and have a high level of ability to source, synthesise, manage and present information in engaging formats. You are an ideas person.
- Great communication skills: You love writing and are highly skilled in presenting complex information in various written, diagrammatic and verbal formats to a range of audiences using various modalities. You like talking to people, developing relationships and partnerships and promoting your organisation.
- Systems and processes: You thrive on establishing and documenting efficient and effective quality systems and processes for business development and reporting on achievements. You are detail oriented.
- Appreciation for design thinking & technology for social impact: You have an understanding of the value of human-centred design and can articulate how it can bring value to a particular challenge.
- Commitment to organisational partnerships and growth: You prioritise the reputation and impact of your organisation for its future growth and impact. You love working in a team and contributing to organisational strategy and growth.
We love working with smart people from diverse backgrounds who are willing to learn new things. There are many skills we think this job will make use of but feel free to apply even if you’re not a ‘perfect fit’.
We work in a creative, supportive environment with colleagues who come from diverse walks of life, and we value the perspectives they bring. We pay attention to the details, and we work together to achieve the best we can. Importantly, we work here because we love what we do and the impact we can have.
We know people’s lives include many obligations outside of work, so we aim to create a flexible work environment that includes remote work options, generous family leave, and return-to-work policies to support new parents. We know we do our best work when we take care of ourselves and communities. We take two weeks off at the end of each year to recharge and refresh.
Catalpa staff believe in the potential of technology to transform lives for the better. Our team members are flexible and can handle working across a broad range of responsibilities. They don’t mind rolling up their sleeves to solve thorny challenges that take time, patience, and creativity. We are friendly and care about the people with whom we work, always seeking to build and nurture relationships for the long-term.
Catalpa seeks to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or marital status. We especially welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please apply for this role via Catalpa’s website (copy and paste this link) – https://apply.workable.com/catalpa/j/D84ED3581D/
If this sounds like you, please apply now with your up to date resume and we will be in touch!
Please send a cover letter and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this role. Applications are to be submitted through our jobs page
For further inquiries or questions regarding this position, send an email to [email protected] with ‘role’ in the subject line of the email, please do not email CV’s as we require them to go through our website, thanks.
Applications close 10 February 2023
We look forward to hearing from you!
614 total views, 9 today