Full-Time PARTNERSHIP MANAGER
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu is implementing a multi-sector program in Vanuatu, supporting communities in the areas of Gender Equality, Resilience and Inclusive Governance. CARE also implements Humanitarian Response and Recovery Programs.
CARE in Vanuatu is looking for a Partnership Manager to join its program team. This position is based in Port Vila, with some travel to Tanna (up to 15% of the time).
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Oversight CARE Vanuatu partnerships within the Program portfolio, with support from relevant Project Managers and the Partnership Coordinator
- Provide appropriate and relevant support and capacity building to local partners, while ensuring that program management and program quality donor requirements are met
- Lead on providing support and follow up on capacity assessments to continuously engage and support partners’ desired organisational strengthening (including on organisational operations, program management and program quality)
- Guide all engagements between partners, and that partnerships are a two way learning process (including through capacity building approaches and partner learning events) through the agreed partnership principles
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social studies, and/or minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience, preferably in community-based development work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO)
- Proven experience in project and partnership management
- Proven experience developing, maintaining and strengthening partnerships and organizations within a civil society context
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment
- Ability to develop high quality, concise reports and submission with accuracy
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, planning, analytical and influencing skills
- Strong representational skills including developing and maintaining networks and relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to work safely and effectively with communities and vulnerable groups including at risk youth and children
- Demonstrated passion for gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Fluent oral and written Bislama and excellent in English
- Fully conversant in Microsoft office applications, with keyboard/data entry and numeracy skills
- Proven experience in facilitating workshops (trainings, inception workshops, lessons learnt process)
- Proven knowledge and experience working on gender equality, resilience, food security and livelihood project
- Proven experience of project planning, and project compliance with HR and finance manual processes
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
246 total views, 2 today