Part-Time PART TIME OFFICE MANAGER TO THE UK HIGH COMMISSION
Main purpose of job:
Corporate Services Officer: Administrating corporate services (finance, procurement, estates, human resources, IT) for the UK High Commission (100%).
Roles and responsibilities/ what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
Ensuring that the UK High Commission is well run. Corporate management is in line with best practice guidance set in London as well as compliant with local legal requirements.
Reporting to the Deputy High Commissioner (DHC), identifying areas for improvement, preparing and implementing change programmes.
- Ensure overall delivery of corporate services, building partnerships with global processing centres and service hubs in the UK and Manila
- Deliver a high standard service to all customers and stakeholders
- Participate in internal projects and wider organisational issues – locally, and with the Oceania Network and London
- Work with the DHC to produce the High Commission budget within corporate policy guidelines
- Ensure bills/invoices are accurate and paid on time
- Oversee accounts to ensure proper financial controls are in place and being followed
- Manage cash and banking activities and related reporting for the High Commission
- Implement our corporate policies and best practices on Procurement, working with the procurement hub in Manila to ensure value for money
- Maintain external contracts with local suppliers and vendors as necessary
- Lead on maintenance of the UK High Commission, overseeing office maintenance repairs and upkeep
- Instruct the maintenance assistant to carry out appropriate repairs to the High Commission, ensuring that all works are completed within set timescales
- Work with the Residence Manager to ensure full compliance with corporate procedures on estate management, including local and UK health and safety
regulations and policies
Oversee the delivery of user support services for IT at the mission:
- Ensure that staff are aware of the correct processes and procedures for the use of IT and equipment
- Monitor and manage the maintenance and renewal of all IT equipment
- Carry out IT support work for the High Commission liaising with regional and UK IT teams
Other duties as necessary and as determined by the DHC.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Systems, finance and accounting.
- Experienced in work requiring a high degree of organisational skills.
- Language requirement: Spoken and written English. Fluent spoken and written Bislama and/or French.
1383 total views, 2 today