Full-Time OFFICER – WOMEN’S ECONOMIC LIVELIHOODS (WEL)
Job Reference: CIV2016
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response.
We are looking for two (2) Women’s Economic Livelihoods (WEL) officers to join our Gender Equality team. One of the position is a maternity back fill for 3 months and the other is a long term role.
These positions are based in Tanna with regular travel to field sites in Tanna and Tafea outer Islands.
The major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Implementation of women economic empowerment activities as part of CARE’s Leftamap Sista project.
- Facilitation of community development activities with women’s economic livelihood (WEL) groups including supporting planning, organising training, linking with other partners and service providers
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation activities including baseline and indicator tracking.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in rural development studies, gender or agriculture and/or minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience, preferably in community based women’s economic empowerment work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills in Bislama and good in English, Tanna language an advantage;
- Ability to analyse intricate information and produce concise and accurate reports;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash; and
- Intermediate (very good) in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
1110 total views, 2 today