Full-Time OFFICER – WOMEN’S ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT (WEE)
Job Reference: CIV2106
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu (CARE Vanuatu) has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response and Recovery.
We are looking for a Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Officer to join our Gender Equality Program team. This role is based in Tanna, with frequent travel to Erromango.
You will be responsible for facilitating community development activities including supporting planning, organising and delivering workshops, linking with other partners and service providers and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of women’s economic empowerment project activities according to the activity plan and budget
- Mobilize communities and facilitate trainings on women’s economic empowerment ensuring a good relationships with the communities and local authorities;
- Ensure CARE’s Programming Principle are applied into project activities.
- Ensure good communication, coordination and information sharing with and between all CARE key staff;
- Monitoring and reporting must be according to the schedule detailed in the monitoring plan and using the tools and methods developed with the PQ team, regularly perform and document monitoring of all project sites and activities;
- Plan and be responsible for the weekly reporting and Input into the reporting process and the identification and development of case studies as required
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in rural development studies, gender or agriculture and/or minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience, preferably in community based women’s economic empowerment work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills in Bislama and good in English, Tanna or Erromango language an advantage;
- Ability to analyse intricate information and produce concise and accurate reports;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash; and
- Good IT skills and familiarization with Microsoft Office word and excel, or google suite sheets and docs.
What we can offer you
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
CARE International in Vanuatu participates in the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response’s Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. CARE Australia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
How to Apply
To find out more about this rewarding opportunity please send your cover letter and CV in English by 9 April 2021, quoting the reference number “CIV2106” as the subject of the email/letter.
Mail: Port Vila: Winona Kalpukai, Human Resource and Administration Officer, PO Box 1129 Port Vila Vanuatu
Tanna: Paul Shem, Senior Administration Officer, CARE Office, Isangel Tanna
Email: [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.
923 total views, 7 today