Contract NATIONAL QUALIFICATION DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Position Title: National Qualifications Development Officer
Post Number: B001422
Grade Level: PS 6.1
Annual Salary: 1,906,500vt
Position Location: Port Vila
Contract Duration: 5 Years – full time
The Vanuatu Qualifications Authority (VQA) is the national regulator of the post-school education and training (PSET) sector. The VQA regulates PSET courses and providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
The VQA is one of the key agents in the implementation of the national PSET Policy 2016-2020. The VQA is working in close collaboration with the Tertiary Education Directorate of the Ministry of Education and Training and with PSET providers to achieve the PSET Policy vision of: A sustainable, well-coordinated and inclusive PSET system that maximises access to relevant and quality assured qualifications that lead to improved economic, social and cultural development opportunities for all.
Purpose of the Position is:
- Responsible for undertaking activities that ensure the national qualifications are developed, accredited, placed on the qualifications register and promoted to the prospective registered providers.
- Responsible to assist in the promotion of the National Qualifications Framework and the recognition of VQF qualifications by other jurisdictions.
- The National Qualification Officer is part of the standards and Qualification Unit according to the Vanuatu Qualification Authority Organisation structure.
- Plays a central role in liaising with industries when developing National Course
- Course Development and;
- Widespread communication of Vanuatu Qualifications Framework & Promotion of Courses.
The Successful Candidate must meet the following Position criteria:
- Bachelor Degree or Post Graduate in Education and/or Training or Quality Assurance or Training and Assessment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in teaching or course development
- Experiences in planning and liaising with other people
- Facilitation of workshops & presentations
- Knowledge about Vanuatu Qualification Framework, Competency based Training and Assessment, Understanding of Industries existed in Vanuatu, Development of qualifications, Vanuatu 2030 Peoples Plan, Post School Education and Training PSET Policy
- Demonstrate ability to analyse complex information and provide analysis to decision makers.
- Computer skills in work processing, spreadsheet and database
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Open to new ideas
- Maturity, honesty, confidentiality, leadership potential
- Able to achieve outcomes with minimum supervision
- Obedient to instructions from superior
- Respect for self and others
- Take initiatives
- Willingness to bring changes to the authority
- Fluent in English or French and Bislama
1353 total views, 1 today