Full-Time MELANESIAN WELL-BEING OFFICER
The Melanesian Wellbeing Indicators project, hosted at the Vanuatu National Statistics Office (VNSO), is currently undertaking fieldwork that will lead to baseline data on ni-Vanuatu wellbeing inclusive of dimensions previously explored in the 2012 pilot study, “Alternative Indicators of Well-being for Melanesia”. These alternative dimensions of wellbeing, uncovered through social research in Vanuatu, provide policy-relevant information on access to customary lands and natural resources, traditional knowledge and production skills, and community vitality to decision makers for a more holistic understanding of the state of society.
The Vanuatu Indigenous Land Defense Desk (VILDD) in partnership with the Vanuatu National Statistics Office (VNSO) is looking for suitable candidate to fill in the position of its Melanesian Well-being Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 25 years of age and keep a tidy appearance;
- Full written and spoken proficiency in English and Bislama with an understanding of some French and full understanding and ability to speak at least one Indigenous language of Vanuatu;
- Ability to work unorthodox hours as sometimes required and be ready to travel on short notice at any time;
- Ability to share knowledge and experience, identify and disseminate best practices, and work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- A demonstrated understanding of Melanesian culture;
- A firm grasp of basic computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Publisher, MYOB, Adobe Photoshop, etc.) and sufficient experience in the design and production of information products (i.e. newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, policy briefs, press releases, etc.) for print media;
- Outstanding public speaking skills;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with partners, to influence without dominating, and gain and retain confidence in a personal ability to deliver on required outputs;
- Outstanding listening skills, verbal and written communications skills and the ability to express statistical concepts in simple terms; and
- Proven ability of delivering high quality outputs and managing complex tasks with minimal supervision.
No.2 Area, Vanuatu Kaljoral Senta Building, Port Vila, Vanuatu.
1022 total views, 1 today