Contract MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION CONSULTANT
The Vanuatu National Provident Fund (VNPF) was established under the VNPF Act [CAP 189] to provide security for workers during their working life and into retirement.
We currently have an opportunity for a Media and Communication Consultant to join the Fund.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Corporate Services, the position will enable the successful candidate to provide assurance to the Management and Board on the effectiveness to assist with improving the communications strategy, procedures and materials to better inform members, employers and stakeholders.
- Manage and monitor the delivery of the VNPF’s Communication Strategy
- Support the VNPF’s communications and PR team to develop and disseminate strategic communications to promote and further its achievements
- Support the development of the VNPF’s Facebook page and website
- Prepare monthly newsletter for members on VNPF achievements and upcoming milestones
- Prepare news stories for local print and online media around VNPF achievements
- Prepare short form video around member and employer services and VNPF products
- Develop a communications protocols document, including branding guidelines, privacy and consent and media engagement guidelines
- Participate in staff communications meetings and provide advice and support to the team
- Build relationships with journalists and local media outlets
- Qualification in communications, journalism, marketing or another relevant discipline (or comparable years of similar experience) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a communications role
- Strong written and copy-editing skills
- Fluency in English, Bislama and French
- Ability to simplify complex information into powerful promotional and learning products, often writing within tight timeframes
- Creative, influential and strategic communicator
- Experience creating digital content to a high standard
- Ability to identify photo opportunities for media and website publications
- Availability to travel regularly within Vanuatu
- Capacity to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of the political context of Vanuatu
We are requesting media and communication companies or applicants with Bachelor degree or higher in journalism, marketing, communications, and public relations with 5 years working experience in journalism marketing or in similar role to demonstrate success to apply.
352 total views, 3 today