Full-Time MANAGER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
1. Become fully familiar with:
- NUV’s mission, structure, strategic directions, IT systems and regulations
2. Ensure the effective implementation of all NUV IT functions, including:
- Managing, updating and further developing all of NUV computers and information systems
- Developing implementation plans for dealing with complex requests for change or for the introduction of new services, evaluating risks to integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations and review the effectiveness of change implementation.
- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Managing the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of projects identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project.
- Ensuring that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices, especially as they apply to universities.
- Designing and supporting IT training for NUV staff and students, as needed;
- Overseeing and reviewing the work and performance of all IT staff, ensuring productivity and engagement;
- Effectively liaising with Deans of Faculties on special IT needs for teaching staff and students
- Preparing and administering the annual IT budget and ensuring cost effectiveness
- Participate in regular NUV management meetings
- Advise managers and executives on key IT issues
- Ensure effective management of IT related conflicts and issues
Three-year local contract
Annual salary: 3.9 M VT + 25 % Benefits
How to Apply
Please send your application with 2 references from past/ recent employment and evidence of your highest qualifications to the following address: [email protected]
Deadline for submission: 30 September 2021 by 4 pm.
*Only applications that meet the job requirements will be considered.
427 total views, 10 today