Full-Time LOGISTIC OFFICER
Job Reference: CIV2017
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response.
CARE is hiring for a logistic officer to join our TC Harold Response Team in Pangi, Pentecost.
You will ensure that the logistic function is efficient. You will be responsible for managing the warehouse and storage including assets. The role will also provide IT support to staffs.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in logistics, inventory and asset management and / or minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in logistics with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Excellent communication skills in Bislama and good in English;
- Ability to ensure the implementation of intricate logistics/storage transactions;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- Demonstrated honesty, reliable and trustworthy.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash; and
- Intermediate (very good) in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent numeric skills.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
1807 total views, 1 today