Full-Time LOGISTIC OFFICER
Job Reference: CIV2017
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response.
CARE is hiring for a logistic officer to join our TC Harold Response Team in Pangi, Pentecost.
You will ensure that the logistic function is efficient. You will be responsible for managing the warehouse and storage including assets. The role will also provide IT support to staffs.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in logistics, inventory and asset management and / or minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in logistics with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Excellent communication skills in Bislama and good in English;
- Ability to ensure the implementation of intricate logistics/storage transactions;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- Demonstrated honesty, reliable and trustworthy.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash; and
- Intermediate (very good) in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent numeric skills.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
To find out more about this rewarding opportunity please send your cover letter and CV in English by 9 August 2020, quoting the reference ‘ CIV2017 ’ as the subject of the email/letter
Mail: Port Vila: Nelly Daniel, Human Resource Manager, PO Box 1129 Port Vila Vanuatu
Pentecost: Melinda Fred, Finance and Administration Officer, CARE Office Pangi, Pentecost
Email: [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.
808 total views, 3 today