Full-Time LOCAL DIRECTOR, VANUATU
Introduction of the company
Solaris Markets Limited is broker/dealer that offers electronic trading execution on OTC derivatives (CFDs) to individual and institutional clients. The underlying assets include Forex, precious metals, and more. Solaris is part of a group that holds financial services licenses in tier 1 jurisdictions like Australia and UK.
The Company is regulated by the VFSC, and it is looking to establish a local company and office in Vanuatu in October 2022. To this end, the company is looking for a full-time director. The remuneration will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Key Skills Required
- Must be residing in Vanuatu or prepared to become a resident upon taking the role
- A minimum of 5 years of experience are required in the financial services sector; albeit we might evaluate candidates with less experience if they have a strong profile.
- Proven management and communication skills are key
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Although not required but communicating in Japanese is favourable.
- Must be familiar with cloud-based software and highly proficient in technology
- Candidates with a degree in finance, economics, software development, engineering, MBA, or other relevant fields will have an added advantage
- Well-versed in the rules and regulations of the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) and the Vanuatu Financial Intelligence Unit (VFIU)
- Solid analytical and logical thinking
- Excellent presentation and problem-solving skills
- A good understanding of financial markets, online trading, Forex, leveraged investment, commodities, crypto currencies, stocks, indices, P&L, balance sheet, etc.
- Act as responsible director at a subsidiary local company
- Ensure our business activities (mainly leveraged FX and CFD) comply with all relevant regulations and guidelines issued by the regulatory authorities
- Prepare and ensure full and timely regulatory reporting as required by Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC)
- Responsible for overall day-to-day operations of settlement/ corporate actions/ remittance to ensure all the instructions are executed accurately and in a timely manner
- Advise functions and business units on the regulatory compliance and risk management related to the transaction settlement cycle
- Ensure all the appropriate controls are in place to comply with the regulations and internal policy
- Communicate with our group persons overseas to support other managers.
How to Apply
Please understand that we will only respond to shortlisted candidates. We will be visiting Vanuatu in the last week of September, hence if you apply earlier, we might be able to arrange a face-to-face interview.
148 total views, 2 today