Full-Time LOCAL DIRECTOR, VANUATU
Introduction of the company
Solaris Markets Limited is broker/dealer that offers electronic trading execution on OTC derivatives (CFDs) to individual and institutional clients. The underlying assets include Forex, precious metals, and more. Solaris is part of a group that holds financial services licenses in tier 1 jurisdictions like Australia and UK.
The Company is regulated by the VFSC, and it is looking to establish a local company and office in Vanuatu in October 2022. To this end, the company is looking for a full-time director. The remuneration will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Key Skills Required
- Must be residing in Vanuatu or prepared to become a resident upon taking the role
- A minimum of 5 years of experience are required in the financial services sector; albeit we might evaluate candidates with less experience if they have a strong profile.
- Proven management and communication skills are key
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Although not required but communicating in Japanese is favourable.
- Must be familiar with cloud-based software and highly proficient in technology
- Candidates with a degree in finance, economics, software development, engineering, MBA, or other relevant fields will have an added advantage
- Well-versed in the rules and regulations of the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) and the Vanuatu Financial Intelligence Unit (VFIU)
- Solid analytical and logical thinking
- Excellent presentation and problem-solving skills
- A good understanding of financial markets, online trading, Forex, leveraged investment, commodities, crypto currencies, stocks, indices, P&L, balance sheet, etc.
- Act as responsible director at a subsidiary local company
- Ensure our business activities (mainly leveraged FX and CFD) comply with all relevant regulations and guidelines issued by the regulatory authorities
- Prepare and ensure full and timely regulatory reporting as required by Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC)
- Responsible for overall day-to-day operations of settlement/ corporate actions/ remittance to ensure all the instructions are executed accurately and in a timely manner
- Advise functions and business units on the regulatory compliance and risk management related to the transaction settlement cycle
- Ensure all the appropriate controls are in place to comply with the regulations and internal policy
- Communicate with our group persons overseas to support other managers.
435 total views, 1 today