Advertisement of the position of the Librarian, Port Vila Public Library
Summary of Job Description
The Librarian will be responsible for the effective management of the Port Vila Public Library; develop and maintain robust database and web presence; develop and maintain the Library programs and services; coordinate staff capacity building initiatives; manage Library finances and perform staff appraisals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the affairs and daily routine of the Port Vila Public Library and the responsible for writing reports and work plans.
- Be responsible for the preservation, maintenance and development of the Library’s collections, including acquisition of new items where possible.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the Library’s database and cataloguing systems.
- Supervise the training and daily duties of the Library staff.
- Provide, maintain and develop the library’s facilities and equipment.
- Assist National Library staff in their duties as appropriate.
- Be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders about Public Library matters.
- Be responsible for sourcing external funding for the benefit of the Public Library.
- Be responsible for collecting revenue and providing finance reports.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining a library webpage or website.
- Assist with staff appraisals.
- Perform any other duties as required and requested by the Chief Librarian or Director.
- Must possess tertiary qualification preferably a Degree or Diploma in Library and Information Studies with at least four years work experience in the related field.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and be able to work well with appropriate VKS staff.
How to Apply
Please send applications, including reference letters, CV and Qualifications, to the Director of Vanuatu Cultural Centre, P. O. Box 184, Port Vila, or email: [email protected] or [email protected] before the 06th August 2021 at 4.30PM.
820 total views, 7 today