Contract LABOUR MOBILITY REINTEGRATION OFFICER
Purpose of the Position:
The Labour Mobility Reintegration Officer will coordinate the Reintegration Program that is linked to all three Labour Mobility Programs (PLS, SWP, RSE), in Employment Services Unit, Dpt Labour. There are many partners/ stakeholders implementing different reintegration initiatives, and this role will coordinate these initiatives so that seasonal workers are supported when they return from working in Australia.
Reintegration Program Background:
The Employment Services Unit (ESU) within the Dpt of Labour has developed strong relationships with civil society organisations, non-government organisations (NGOs), private sector and Government Departments who have commitment to supporting seasonal workers to adjust and reintegrate successfully back into their families & communities; whilst potentially utilising their new skills, knowledge, confidence and funds to improve the livelihood of themselves and their families. Facilitating worker debriefing will also be a part of this reintegration program. The current reintegration partnerships include V-lab and Dpt Agriculture, and potentially World Vision, IOM and Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce & Industry (VCCI). Dpt Labour plans to develop and strengthen more partnerships as the reintegration program grows. Strengthening reintegration is a priority for Dpt Labour so that Vanuatu as a country can fully experience the most possible benefits from Circular Labour Mobility.
Labour Mobility Programs (PLS, SWP, RSE):
There are currently three labour mobility programs being implemented in Vanuatu. The Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in Australia for up to three years, in various sectors (meatworks, agriculture and tourism). The Seasonal Worker Program (SWP) offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in Australia for up to 9 months at a time primarily in the agriculture and horticulture sectors. The Recognised Seasonal Employers (RSE) program offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in New Zealand for up to 7 months at a time primarily in the viticulture and horticulture sectors.
Under the direction of senior ESU staff, the Labour Mobility Reintegration Officer will:
- Facilitate ‘Where to now? Open days’ every 2 weeks (monthly), for any return seasonal workers to attend. These days will include ‘debriefing sessions’ to allow workers to give feedback about their experience overseas
- Liaise with reintegration partners (V-lab, Dpt Agriculture, World Vision, IOM, VCCI and others), to coordinate the implementation of their respective reintegration initiatives.
- Bring Reintegration stakeholders together every 3 months to reflect on how Labour Mobility could improve/ strengthen the reintegration program.
- Attend/ support the delivery of some of the reintegration initiatives (e.g. financial mgt training, community project mgt training)
- Identify and engage with local partners who can add value to the reintegration program.
- Communicate/ liaise with relevant Australian based organisations that are contributing to labour mobility reintegration (e.g. employers, skills ‘add on’ projects)
- Assist return seasonal workers with their reintegration processes/ progress.
- Collect ‘stories of change’ from the return seasonal workers, whose involvement in the reintegration program reflects a positive change in their life
- Write monthly reports on the progress of the Labour Mobility Reintegration program.
- Participate in meetings and complete other required activities relevant to this role.
- Report any incident to your supervisor, where staff or participants are behaving in a manner that contravenes the workplace Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communication, networking & interpersonal skills: external engagement and coordination
- Has strong organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates experience in facilitating workshops and training activities
- Excellent written skills to capture debriefing and reintegration information
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative.
- Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in managing and implementing projects.
- Understanding of Gender, Disability and Social inclusion
- Experience in fast paced working environments, with tight deadlines
- Fluent in English and Bislama
- Familiarity with the Pacific Labour Mobility programs.
How to Apply
Please send your application to Patrice Kuautonga to email: [email protected]
Alternatively, a hard copy application can be provided to the ESU in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
Employment Service Unit
Department of Labour
Port Vila, Vanuatu
- A cover letter that reflects:
o Your strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
o Your experience in developing and delivering training programs
o Your competency in leadership, and managing and implementing projects
o Your initiative and organisational ability
o Your ability to read, write and converse in both English and Bislama
- An up-to-date CV with copies of qualifications
- Contact details (phone and email address)
- Confirmation of nationality and country of residence
Applications must be submitted by no later than 4.30pm on Friday 06th August, 2021 . Late applications will not be considered.
For further enquiries, please contact Patrice Kuautonga : [email protected]
758 total views, 5 today