Full-Time INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY UNIT SUPPORT OFFICER
Information Technology Unit Support Officer
Opportunity to contribute to the education sector in Vanuatu
Full time – 6-month role with possibility for extension
Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
On behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Coffey is managing the delivery of support and technical assistance to the Vanuatu Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) as part of the Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP II). We support the MoET to implement its reform program that focuses on children having better access to an inclusive and quality basic education that is well managed and resourced through evidence-based decision making.
VESP II commenced in February 2019 and will help build on the Ministry’s reforms to date and support teachers and students into the senior Primary years.
At the same time, VESP II is a flexible and responsive program, designed to be able to respond to emergency situations. The recent disruptions in the delivery of education services and continuity of work caused by Tropical Cyclone Harold and the current Coronavirus crisis has led to the Ministry wanting to strengthen its IT solutions.
Coffey, through VESP II, is now seeking applications for the 6-month position of Information Technology (IT) Unit Support Officer.
Located within the It Unit at the MoET, and under the management and guidance of the IT Manager, the IT Unit Officer will work alongside IT Unit staff, performing various duties that are aligned to two main goals:
1. To ensure the Ministry can continue to operate in potentially disrupting emergency situations, using the Government recommended
productivity tools. The objective is to ensure the Ministry is ready to adopt effective remote-working practices, should the need arise.
2. To review the current Ministry’s website design and technology and support measures to ensure the administration is easier and that it
is also more user friendly, increasing its utility.
- Support the IT Unit to develop high-quality training resources for the productivity tools of the Ministry
- Support the strengthening of the Open Vanuatu Education Management Information System OVEMIS;
- Review and update existing IT training resources, ensuring they are of high-quality and user-friendly;
- Design and deliver systems training to central and provincial staff, including schools’ staff on productivity tools to Ministry staff and Provincial officers, as required;
- Support the re-design of the Ministry’s website, incorporating technologies for low connectivity and digital literacy, as appropriate;
- Trial and assess different alternative technologies, as required; and
- Support the development of a Ministry’s ICT policy
- You will have a tertiary qualification in technology and design related areas, however, Technology related vocational qualifications can also be accepted in lieu of. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in managing high usage websites in low connectivity and low digital literacy environments, developing and implementing technology training programs, including to low digital literacy users.
- To be successful in this role, you will display communication fluency in French and English and the ability to undertake activities in a consultative manner, ensuring counterparts and stakeholders actively develop understanding and ownership.
- Together with your proficiency to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team and your ability to maintain a high level of personal organisation you will have the capacity to effectively plan and monitor activities, to problem solve in a sensitive manner and self-manage priorities, deadlines and budgets with minimal supervision.
- You will be an effective communicator with excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work in a cooperative manner as part of a dynamic team and with a diverse range of people and cultures. Proficiency in English is essential. Bislama and French is highly desirable. Willingness to undertake travel within Vanuatu as required.
- This is a locally engaged position. To be eligible, you must either be a Vanuatu National or a International living and located in Vanuatu with a current right to work valid for at least 6 months. Accommodation is not supplied with this position.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit https://www.coffey.com/careers and search for job reference number 498412.
Applications close 5.00pm (Port Vila time) on Monday 13 July 2020.
For further enquiries please contact the HR team at [email protected]
505 total views, 1 today