Contract ICT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
OFFICE OF DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR AND VICE PRESIDENT (REGIONAL CAMPUSES & GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT), ITS – VIT003
Provides an onsite ICT support resource for all ICT Services on USP Vanuatu Campus providing first level technical support on all ICT issues. The position will also be the primary point of coordination for all USP ICT infrastructure, services and facilities on site working jointly with USP Vanuatu campus staff on the administration of this function.
The appointee will:
- Provide an onsite ICT support resource for all ICT Services on USP Vanuatu Campus providing first level technical support on all ICT issues.
- Provide primary point of coordination for all USP ICT infrastructure, services and facilities on site working jointly with USP Vanuatu campus staff on the administration of this function.
- Be the responsible for the collation and dissemination of information and training services on all ICT services available to users at Vanuatu Campus through User Guide Documentation, User Training Workshops and ad hoc Awareness Presentations
- Provide onsite assistance for the operation, maintenance and configuration management for ALL ICT infrastructure on USP Vanuatu Campus.
- Also be a key resource for the resolution of Level 2 faults/outages regarding ICT services at Vanuatu campus and will work both in isolation – or in conjunction with other IT Services staff and/or external contractors to resolve these in a timely, proficient manner.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Computing/Information Systems/Engineering and/or 3 years experience in relevant field(s).
- Any relevant technical certification on relevant ICT VSAT networking, systems, PC, OS or application technologies will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with standard desktop applications such as the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- At least 6 months of relevant work experience.
- A working knowledge of ICT communication and computing equipment and Enterprise-level ICT technologies.
- Experience with ICT technologies/equipment including VSAT, IP Networking
- Router/Switches and Cabling, Audio-Visual Conferencing Systems,
MS/Linux Server Systems for User Domain Management as well as PC & Laptops with standard OS and Application software particularly Internet and
Enquiries and further information: Edwina Stephens , ph: 22748 Ext 164; fax: 22633; email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: VUV 1,142,443 to VUV 1,432,282 per annum
626 total views, 2 today