Contract HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION CONSULTANCY
Project: Human Resources and Administration Consultancy
Place of Assignment: Port Vila, Vanuatu
Reporting to: Yasmin Bjornum (Sista) and Sharon Alder (CARE)
Duration: July 2021 – December 2021
CARE INTERNATIONAL IN VANUATU
CARE Vanuatu is part of the global CARE International confederation, which helps poor and vulnerable people in more than 93 countries around the world. CARE has been in Vanuatu since 2008, working with communities to build resilience to disasters and climate change shocks and increase women and girls’ involvement in community and national leadership. CARE Vanuatu has entered a strategic partnership with Sista governed by an MOU, which outlines how Sista and CARE are working together as long term strategic allies in support of Gender Equality in Vanuatu. Underneath this strategic MOU, Sista and CARE have secured funding to implement a set of activities between March 2021 to June 2022. The funding for these activities comes from three separate projects under the CARE Gender Equality Program, all supported by the Australian Aid Program.
Support Sista in the setting up of appropriate human resources, administrative and support systems to enable the organisation to manage a growing donor grant funding portfolio.
Responsibilities and tasks
Human Resource Management
- Develop human resource and administrative policies and procedures (that are appropriate to the size and stage of development of Sista, and the desire of Sista to develop policies that align with feminist principles.). Ensure these policies and procedures are effective, efficient, fair and transparent, and promote equal opportunities. Ensure policies are compliant with the People in Aid Code and any other relevant international legal instruments.
- Develop human resource policies and procedures for recruitment and management of staff (terms & conditions of employment, grades & positions, salary structure, benefits, disciplinary procedures, termination). Ensure compliance with local labour laws and coordination with local counterpart agencies.
- Develop an Organizational Structure relevant to Sista’s Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Prepare job descriptions and terms of reference for positions in coordination with the Sista Executive Director and management.
- Establish an online system to ensure personnel files are saved and recorded.
- Develop a staff Code of Conduct, Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and discipline policy and a regular performance evaluation system for all staff. Ensure that exit interviews/ debriefs are prepared at the end of service.
Administration/ Office Management
- Review and if necessary establish a system to ensure receipt and tracking of all incoming/ outgoing communications (letter, fax, email).
- Review and if necessary establish an effective standardised filing system that can provide easy access to information and proper documentation of all office project documentation.
- Ensure equipment and systems are asset registered, managed and maintained.
Work closely with the Sista Finance Officer, and the Finance Consultant to:
- Assist in the establishment of a payroll structure and payment procedures for national staff.
- Ensure that an appropriate salary scale is developed that is appropriate and inclusive of required benefits (such as VNPF).
Human Resource and Administration/ Office Management Capacity Building and Training
- Develop a plan for on-the-job training for project managers in procedures and educate all team members on responsibilities in line with Sista policies under the Finance Manual.
- Support the Sista Finance Officer to build their skills to apply the procedures.
Estimated Timeframe and Number of Days
The work will be completed between July and December 2021, and will be approximately 12 days of work.
Key Internal Contacts
CARE Vanuatu HR Team (and Finance team) to access key documents that may assist with the consultancy (salary reviews, HR policies, guidance on potential approaches, payroll set-up guidance)
Sista Executive Director
Fees and Payment
The consultant is expected to provide their daily fee rate as part of their expression of interest. If selected, the fees will be paid monthly, on the basis of an invoice and approved timesheet.
- Qualifications and/ or experience in human resources management or an associated field
- Demonstrated skills in human resources management
- A sound knowledge of Vanuatu employment laws and human resources best practices
- A good knowledge of contract employment
- Experience and skills in recruitment and selection
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of feminist principles
1492 total views, 1 today