Full-Time HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR
Job Reference: CIV2103
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu (CARE Vanuatu) has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response and Recovery.
CARE Vanuatu is looking for a Human Resource Coordinator to coordinate all its human resource functions.
This is a senior role and will provide some level of leadership and management across the Human resource department.
The position is based in Port Vila with possible travel to field sites.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Supporting in various functions of recruitment processes; including leading and organising staff orientation program for new staffs
- Leading a team of staff; ensure effective team work and encouraging productive team dynamics and relationships
- With guidance from Manager ensure Human Resources policies and processes including: recruitment, conditions of service and performance management are being adhered to, policies and practices are compliance with labour laws
- Foster positive employee relations and work to solve any employee issues that surface.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent and/or minimum 4- 5 year relevant work experience, preferably in HR Management with at least 2 years with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Excellent communication skills in both Bislama and intermediate oral and written English;
- Ability to manage HR technical function, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading, people management and motivating a team;
- Representational skills including developing networks and relationships with other key stakeholders;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, decision making, conflict resolution, analytical and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy.
- Proven understanding of working with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and a willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability to manage a budget and/or cash; and
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
CARE Vanuatu participates in the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response’s Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. CARE Vanuatu reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Vanuatu requesting the information specified above.
1447 total views, 1 today