Full-Time GRANTS ACQUISITION & ACCOUNTABILITY MANAGER
Position Title: Grants Acquisition & Accountability Manager
Contract Type: Full Time Position
Position Location – Port Vila
World Vision Vanuatu (WV) is a Christian humanitarian organisation dedicated to work with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Since 1981, we have been working to transform communities through program delivery in education, health care, water, sanitation & hygiene, agriculture and sustainable livelihoods. In line with the Vanuatu Government’s National Sustainable Development Plan (2016-2030), World Vision – in partnership with communities – deliver programs that are relevant, cost-efficient, effective and make a lasting difference. Community development is a key focus of World Vision Vanuatu, with 80% of our staff based in the communities where we work.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to provide;
- Leadership in acquiring and managing grants and private funds according to donor and WV accountability standards,
- Liaison with donors and World Vision support offices for key positioning opportunities,
- Leadership ensuring that grant opportunities align and remain accountable to WV International, WV Vanuatu, Vanuatu Government, and donor strategies & guidelines,
- Leadership and representation on the WV Vanuatu Senior Management Team,
- Management of key Program Quality functions, including project designs and project handover to the Programs and Operations teams, whereby projects contribute to a portfolio of programming aligned with strategic objectives.
This position will ensure that all projects and programs achieve the greatest impact on the well-being of children. This will also help WV and its partners in Vanuatu to achieve their objectives so that World Vision is seen as a partner of choice for Support Offices and Donor Agencies. The GAAM Manager is a member of the WV Vanuatu Senior Management Team and plays a central role in the implementation of country strategy and business planning. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the position holder will work closely with Country Director, Operations, and Finance to review strategic intent and grant priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of program development and design, resource acquisition, major donors and multi-laterals and donor relations.
- Strong planning, organizational and management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to maintain calm and work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Eagerness for learning
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience in successful proposal writing, funding acquisition, and donor relations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in program or project design, assessment, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build capacity of others in a manner than honours their strengths.
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, a technical field (e.g. Public Health, Economic Development, WASH) or related field.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Native English Speaker
988 total views, 1 today