Full-Time GIRLS ONLINE! (GO!) CYBER SAFETY COORDINATOR
Job Reference: CIV2015
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response.
CARE’s Gender Equality program currently covers projects focused on women’s economic empowerment, women and girl’s leadership and voice, and violence prevention. CARE’s long term development programs are implemented nationally in Port Vila as well as in remote and rural areas of Tafea province, and emergency affected areas of Pentecost and Ambrym. CARE’s gender program includes work at community level, provincial level and national level with a broad range of stakeholders including community members, government, and community based organisations, NGOs and CARE’s other program staff. CARE has a strong focus on empowering young women and adolescent girls to be safe and strong, and to have their voices heard, including through programs such as Pacific Girl and the Young Women’s Leadership Program.
CARE has a new project, the Girls Online! Cyber Safety Project, and in collaboration with local and international partners including ABC International Development and Sista, the Project will work to help ensure young women and girls in Vanuatu can participate safely in online environments. The Project will pilot approaches to improve cyber safety and encourage safe online participation for young women and girls in Vanuatu (with ABCID also implementing in Tonga). It will target young women and girls (12-30) to reduce psycho-social harms and opportunity loss from cyber victimisation and empower young women to meaningfully engage online. The long-term goal is to mainstream gender equality within cyber affairs by improving resilience and response to cyber-hazards for stronger digital engagement by young women and girls.
To support implementations of activities, CARE is recruiting a Coordinator – Girls Online! (GO!) Cyber Safety for this project. This position is based in Port Vila with occasional travel to Tanna.
You will have a good coordination, advocacy and training skills with strong understanding of the online environment and cyber related issues, and a strong commitment to human rights and safety in online context.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Contributing to CARE Vanuatu overall Program Strategy and Leadership
- Team Management and Coordination
- Partnership and Representation
- Program Implementation
- Budget Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Community Development, Human Rights or Cyber Safety related fields, or equivalent projects and/or minimum 4-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in community based development work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Strong understanding of the online environment and cyber related issues, and a strong commitment to human rights and safety in online contexts;
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including diversity and cultural sensitivity.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of projects;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, decision making, problem solving, planning, analytical and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading, people management and motivating a team;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, training skills in Bislama and very good in English;
- Ability to coordinate this technical function(s) and implement procedures and processes, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Ability to develop high quality, concise reports and submission with accuracy;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy.
- Representational skills including developing networks and relationships with key stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work safely and effectively with communities and vulnerable groups including at risk youth and children;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash;
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
987 total views, 1 today