Full-Time GENERAL MANAGER
HELP BUILD AND LEAD THE ASSOCIATION
Financial Markets Association of Vanuatu (FMA Vanuatu) is a new organization established as the representative and self-regulating body for FDL Vanuatu’s Financial Dealer License (FDL) program.
FMA Vanuatu’s mission is “to develop, implement and enforce the highest professional standards in order to protect our industry from financial crime, earn the trust of our partners and customers, and contribute to Vanuatu’s prosperity in the long term.”
FMA Vanuatu has been founded by AJC, Barrett & Partners, Company Services Ltd., iCount, Law Partners and Moores Rowland who represent the majority of financial dealers licensed in Vanuatu.
Based in Port Vila, we are looking for a motivated person to help build and lead the association.
Main Purpose Of Position
To effectively and efficiently lead FMA Vanuatu in support of its mission.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- represent the common interests of its members in dealing with issues relevant to the good reputation of the financial dealers’ industry in Vanuatu and their regulation by the Government and regulatory authorities;
- promote and facilitate the development and maintenance of an efficient and competitive financial market in Vanuatu;
- encourage responsible self-regulation by establishing efficient and ethical market practices and conventions and preparing and maintaining standard documentation;
- promote high professional standards by sponsoring education programs and awarding accreditation by the Association to individuals engaged in the financial industry who demonstrate the required level of professional skill and knowledge;
- keep members informed of developments and issues relevant to industry regulation, including legal, fiscal and accounting matters;
- consult members on issues of common interest and represent their views in submissions to the Government, regulatory authorities and other institutions;
- make public statements on behalf of its members;
- work closely with all stakeholders, building strong supportive relationships;
- act as a research and information centre collecting and disseminating data to support the industry development and assist its members in conducting their business;
- maintain and promote the status of financial dealers as key players in Vanuatu’s financial system;
- promote the export of financial services from Vanuatu to regional and global markets;
- efficiently lead and manage the day to day operational and financial affairs of the association;
- ensure the association is governed in line with It’s constitution; and
- engage in any other activity which the Committee members deem supportive of, or incidental to, any of its objectives.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Previous working experience in a senior management role for at least 5 year(s).
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Vanuatu FDL industry experience.
- Strategic thinker.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective negotiation and management skills.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Logical and consistent decision maker.
- Attentive to details and quality focused.
- Professional/Specialist Knowledge
- Vanuatu FDL program knowledge
How to Apply
Please send CV and Introduction letter to:
402 total views, 4 today