Full-Time GENDER EQUALITY OFFICER
Job Reference: CIV2031
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response and Recovery.
We are looking for a Gender Equality Officer Position to join our Gender Equality Together (GET) team based in Port Vila with minimum travel required especially to Tafea Province.
The role will support the implementation of the Gender Equality Together (GET) project, which aims to promote collective leadership, capacity and coordination for the promotion of gender equality and elimination of VAWG in Vanuatu.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Gender Equality Together Project including support for the Young Women’s Leadership program and CSO Capacity Strengthening components, according to the activity plan and budget, including preparation of detailed budget requests for each field trip and activities;
- Contribute to the development and coordination of the implementation of the Gender Equality Together Project. This includes establishing and maintaining key program partnerships, supporting consultants as required, coordinating the planning, activity schedule, resource allocation, documentation, review and evaluation of program activities;
- Support delivery of training and facilitation on gender equality and EVAWG;
- Request and clear all field cash advances in a timely fashion in accordance with CARE Finance policies and procedures;
- Ensure good communication, coordination and information sharing with and between all CARE key staff; and
- Ensure CARE’s Programming Principles, in particular gender and rights-based approaches, are applied into project activities.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- According to the schedule detailed in the monitoring plan and using the tools and methods developed with the Gender and Program Quality team, regularly perform and document monitoring of all project sites and activities ensuring the participation of community members
- Plan and be responsible for the weekly reporting of activities
- Participate in regular reflection, learning and reporting workshops with the program team as required
- Input into reporting process and the identification and development of case studies as required.
Required qualifications and skills:
- A passion for gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity.
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in development studies or gender studies and/or minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience, preferably in capacity building or leadership programs focusing on gender equality and EVAWG and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organization (INGO);
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills in Bislama and good in English;
- Ability to analyze intricate information and produce concise and accurate reports;
- Demonstrated high level organizational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
722 total views, 4 today