Full-Time GENDER AND PROTECTION SUPPORT OFFICER
Job Reference: CIV2226
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE has been working in Vanuatu since 2008 helping communities to increase their resilience to disasters and climate change, respond to emergencies and to advance gender equality. CARE in Vanuatu has a long term program strategy which seeks to contribute to resilience and equality in Vanuatu where men, women, boys and girls enjoy equal rights and opportunities.
It has three programmatic portfolios (Gender Equality, Resilience, and Inclusive Governance) that involves a diverse range of donor funded projects, delivered in partnership with government and civil society.
CARE in Vanuatu is working in partnership with the CANDO Church Network to undertake a project to support the Government of Vanuatu’s TC Harold Recovery program. The focus of this work is to strengthen Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) within planning processes.
To support with the project activities, we are looking for a suitable person with experience and skills in coordination, planning and community mobilization.
This position is based in Port Vila with travel required to Penama, Malampa and Sanma Provinces.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Supporting the coordination of CARE’s engagement with the CANDO church network partners, VSPD, and government stakeholders to ensure project strategies are developed and rolled out in an inclusive and participatory way, in line with government and project timelines
- Supporting the implementation of the project activities including trainings and workshops at Area Councils and Provincial levels
- Support with the project MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) plan and data collection and analysis processes
- Supporting the Gender and Protection Support Coordinator to engage with key government stakeholders including but not limited to the Department of Women’s Affairs, the Department of Local Authorities, the National Recovery Committee, Provincial Secretary Generals, Provincial WASH Advisory Committees, Provincial Technical Advisory Committees and Area Councils
Required Experiences and Qualifications:
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training and/or 2-3 years relevant work experience preferably in community-based development work and/or work to strengthen Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion ( GEDSI) with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Fluent oral and written Bislama with excellent facilitation skills and good oral and written English. Any knowledge of languages from any of the provinces targeted on this project would be an advantage;
- Ability to analyse intricate information and produce concise and accurate reports;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash; and
- Good Knowledge in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word and Excel, with Key board / Data entry and numeracy skills
How to Apply
To find out more about this rewarding opportunity please send your cover letter and CV in English by 4 December, 2022 , quoting the reference number “ CIV2226 ” as the subject of the email/letter.
Mail: Port Vila: Nelly Daniel, Human Resource Manager, PO Box 1129 Port Vila Vanuatu
Tanna: Paul Shem Senior Administration Officer, Isangel, Tanna
Email: [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.
575 total views, 20 today