Full-Time FINANCE OFFICER
Job Reference: CIV1922
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA).
We are currently looking for a Finance Officer position to join our finance team in Port Vila.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
– Processing of Cheque and Bank payments, complying with CARE International in Vanuatu Finance policies
– Reconciling of Journals for Port Vila FinSun cash and bank in a timely manner
– Reconciling of balance sheets ensuring they are completed, signed and filed
– Prompt and accurate payments to third parties and staffs
– Support systems and processes to report any suspected discrepancies and/ or improprieties in expenditure, accountability of project funds and cash handling/ payment procedures
Required qualifications and skills:
– Minimum technical diploma and/ or vocational training in Accounting and/ or minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in Accounting with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
– Excellent communication skills in Bislama and good in English;
– Ability to ensure the implementation of intricate finance/ accounting transactions;
– Proven ability in managing a budget and/ or cash;
– Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes, with high attention to detail;
– Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
– Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
– Demonstrated high levels of honesty, integrity, reliable and trustworthy.
– A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
– Intermediate (very good) in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, Numerically literate and knowledge of Sun Systems accounting software an asset.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
1338 total views, 1 today