Full-Time FINANCE MANAGER
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu is implementing a multi-sector program in Vanuatu, supporting communities in the areas of Gender Equality, Resilience and Inclusive Governance. CARE also implements Humanitarian Response and Recovery Programs.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance Team to manage the finance function for the CARE International Program in Vanuatu. This position will ensure that all appropriate finance systems, policies and procedures are in place and in line with CARE International and donor requirements.
This position is based in Port Vila, with possible travel required to other sites.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include;
- Accounting: Responsible for the day to day finance function; ensures accuracy of implementation of finance policies, procedures in accounting systems; review cash and bank transactions; lead the preparation and reviews all journals, project accounting, payroll and lead to complete month end financial processing and closing of books;
- Treasury: Responsible in verifying payment documents to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with all CARE and donor regulations; ensure all payments and fund transfers are processed and made in a timely manner; reviews monthly cash and bank reconciliations; reviews projections for all projects and operating budgets; send Fund Request to CARE Australia and Donors on a timely manner; and will act as a focal point with CARE Australia on all international bank transfer and donor funding.
- Compliance: Leads adherence to and provide consistent support to other departments to ensure compliance to CARE, Donor and Government policies and procedures; promptly inform the Country and Finance and Operations Director, areas of concern on potential or suspected violations; participates in audits and if required, corrective action plans are developed and implemented to address findings; ensure that all insurance policies and staffs VNPF contributions are updated and paid when due; ensure staff annual leaves and severance pays are accrued to meet CARE’s liability
- Budgeting and Budget Management: Prepares Annual Operating budget for the review of Finance and Operations Director before onward submission to the Country Director; assist in the preparation of Shared Program Cost allocation and charging purposes that comply with donor regulations and are reasonable, allocable and allowable and review all monthly Budget versus Actual reports and hold monthly meeting with senior staff
- Reporting: Assist the Finance and Operations Director to process year-end reports; prepares Monthly Financial Dashboard; and lead the preparation and review of the balance sheet reconciliation
Staff Training: Together with the Finance and Operations Director, train Finance Staff on CARE’s Finance and Accounting System; together with the Coordinator – Grants and Compliance, provide training to staff on finance, budgeting processes, CARE’;s anti-Fraud policy; and assist project staff in understanding and complying with donor contractual financial requirements and office/project finance procedures
Required qualifications and skills;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance Management, Grant Management desirable/ or equivalent minimum 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in Finance Management with at least 2 years with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO)
- Excellent knowledge and skills handing and managing Computerized accounting softwares (Sun System in a plus);
- Excellent communication skills in both in Bislama and English;\
- Ability to manage the finance technical function, with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of relevant Vanuatu laws;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, analytical skills, decision making, problem solving, planning and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated high level organisation and time management skills ,including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and motivating a team;
- Representational skills including training, presenting, internal and external relationships with other key stakeholders;
- Proven understanding of working with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and a willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability to manage budget and/ or cash; and
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, excellent numeric skills and knowledge of Sun Systems accounting software an asset
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
248 total views, 3 today