Contract FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Finance and Operations Manager is a senior position within VHP responsible for managing the finances and financial reporting of the program. The role implements the VHP operations manual and coordinates daily operations, efficient office administration, as well as human capital management, IT, and procurement. The Finance and Operations Manager reports to the Team Leader and oversees a small team based in Port Vila and Santo.
- Manage all aspects of program operations: establish and run administrative systems and processes related to planning and reporting, procurement, security, finance, ITC, asset management, logistics (including travel), fraud prevention and other safeguards compliance.
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, Program Facilitator, and DT Global, update the VHP operations manual and ensure the wider team understands and applies respective policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the financial operations of VHP are fully compliant and efficient including:
o Accounts management and reporting is complete, clear, timely, accurate and fit for purpose.
o Accurate and timely disbursement of funds.
o Timely checks and coordination of accrual accounts
o Timely and effective procurement and/or supply chain management and coordination.
o Timely and accurate upkeep of accounts in MYOB or relevant software.
o Timely payments to creditors, consultants, overseas purchases.
o Coordination of auditing – internal and external – is timely and complete.
o Preparation of accounts for internal and external auditors.
o Maintenance of an effective and complete Chart of Accounts.
- Ensure that financial administration is prudent and effective, including:
o Management of the program budget in consultation with the VHP management team and DT Global corporate staff
o Providing effective and timely finance support to assist VHP team members to manage their activities efficiently.
o Verifying forecast expenditure for new activities.
- Maintaining accountable and efficient procurement processes
- Maintenance of office equipment and maintaining an asset register.
- Ensuring a clean and safe office environment maintained.
- Ensuring safe and well-maintained VHP vehicles.
- Assist with program reporting and planning – this includes use of problem driven iterative approach and contribution to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activities and reporting.
- Ensure the program complies with Australian Occupational Health and Safety standards and provides an international standard of office accommodation.
- Foster a culturally sensitive and inclusive workplace culture through promotion of DFAT safeguards policies.
- Provide administrative support using sound judgement, initiative, confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Team Leader.
342 total views, 1 today