Full-Time FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Job Reference: CIV2032
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu (CARE Vanuatu) has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response and Recovery.
CARE Vanuatu is implementing a multi-sector program to support communities recover from the impacts of TC Harold and COVID-19, including a focus on food security & women’s economic empowerment. Within the food security and women’s economic empowerment program CARE will work in partnership with three local CSOs (Nasi Tuan, Vanuatu Church Council, and Wan Smol Bag) to implement activities in Pentecost and Tanna.
We are looking for a Finance and Compliance Coordinator who will work with support from the Finance Manager and the Finance Operations Director to ensure the agreed partnership finance and donor administrative compliance processes and procedures are adhered to by CARE and its partners.
The role will also be providing support and follow up on capacity assessments to continuously engage and support partners in regard to finance and donor administrative compliance management. This position is based in Port Vila, with frequent travel to Project sites.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Contributing to the overall Financial Management of the project
- Responsible for the project accounting
- Contributing to the capacity building of CARE and Partner personnel related to Finance and Donor Administrative compliance in collaboration with the Partner Support Coordinator.
- Lead as the CARE Vanuatu focal point for Project Audits and Compliance Reviews
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance or minimum 4 – 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in Accounting with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Excellent communication skills in Bislama and good in English;
- Ability to ensure the implementation of intricate finance/accounting transactions;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes, with high attention to detail;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated high levels of honesty, integrity, reliable and trustworthy.
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Intermediate (very good) in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, Numerically literate and knowledge of Sun Systems accounting software an asset.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
463 total views, 1 today