Full-Time FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION SPECIALIST
The Department of Water Resources (DOWR) of the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources (MLNR) will be the key implementing agency for the water components of the project. The Department of Local Authorities (DI-A) of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) and Luganville Municipal Council (I-MC) will be the implementing agencies for the sanitation components of the project. A project implementation unit (PIU) comprising key representatives from these implementing agencies will be established in Luganville. The capacity to implement the project will be strengthened by the recruitment of technical, commercial, procurement and legal advisors to work alongside the government staff and consultants of the PIU.
Scope of Work
The PIU of the LUWSSP requires the services of a qualified and experienced Financial & Administration Specialist/Accountant to assume responsibility for the financial management of the LUWSSP and support general project administration. The Specialist is required to coordinate with the relevant agencies and team members as required to meet ADB’s and the government’s requirements for financial management. The specialist will work full time and be based at the PIU in Luganville. He/she will report to the PIU Head.
Detailed Tasks and/ or Expected Output
- Continue or update the established chart of accounts for the overall project using international standard accenting software;
- Continue or update the established financial management procedures for the main imprest (advance)
- Prepare monthly financial reports for PIU, IAs and EA;
- Provide financial information for the quarterly progress reports submitted to ADB;
- Supervise the preparation of withdrawal applications for review by MIA through the DIA, MLNR through the DOWR and approval by MFEM for submission to ADB;
- Prepare annual budget estimates of expenditures for the overall project;
- Ensure timely submission of requests for direct payments of contractors and replenishment of advance accounts to ADB to ensure the smooth operations of the Project;
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports of all project accounts and the project as a whole;
- Coordinate with government departments for financial related activities and others as required;
- Support with management of project documents and data;
- Support with establishment of the project office, including purchase of equipment and furniture;
- Update procurement plan or Project Administration Manual where needed; and
- Any other tasks as requested by the PIU Head.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The candidate should preferably have tertiary qualifications in financial management, business administration or accounting from a recognized institution or the equivalent and will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management. Preference will be given to candidates with experience on multilateral or bilateral development projects. The candidate should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
Click on this link for more information: https://selfservice.adb.org/OA_HTML/adb/xxcrs/jsp/ADBCsrnFwd.jsp?sel=160697
1711 total views, 1 today