Full-Time FINANCE & ADMIN ASSISTANT
Job Reference: CIV2335
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organisation fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organisation, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu, has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Agriculture and Health and Inclusive Governance
CARE in Vanuatu is looking for a Finance & Admin Assistant to be based in our Tanna Office.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
1. Processing Finance transactions in compliance with CARE policies. In coordination with the Field Office position handling cash transactions, the Finance and Administration Assistant will;
- Support collection of bills and performing payments to suppliers or third parties including monthly recurring payments;
- Support Program teams in handling project advances;
- Support effective management cash deposits/withdrawals or any other cash transfers;
- Receives excess cash advances and payments from third parties and issues CARE receipts;
- Scan all Field Office Payment Vouchers and saved in the shared drive based on CIV filing system;
- Remits to Finance Officer all cash received within the day of receipt;
- Prepares Finance and Admin related Purchase Requisitions and Payment Vouchers as advice by Admin and Finance Officers;
- Ensure compliance to accurate finance filing system according to CARE Vanuatu processes;
- Provide other general support as necessary to the FO Finance Officer.
2. Performing Field Office General Administration in compliance with CARE Policies. In coordination with the Field Office position handling overall administration, the Finance and Administration Assistant will;
- Prepare and maintain all labor and other service contracts In coordination with Port Vila HR;
- Update PR bookings/Activity Requests/Airport Transfer/on the Logs whiteboard
- Maintain periodic inventory of office supplies and plan ordering of office supplies in accordance with CARE procurement policies;
- Scan all Received PRs and saved to shared drive in accordance with CIV filing system;
- Prepares PR for Kitchen and cleaning Supplies and obtain approval from the Administration Manager;
- Review daily data entry of kilometer run and prepare CARE truck invoices;
- Monitor CARE assets/equipment issued to project teams and ensure that they are returned on time and in good condition using the Asset/Equipment tracking sheet;
- Provide other general support as necessary to the FO Administration Officer.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum High School graduate (Junior Graduate Years 7-10 / Senior Graduate Years 11-14 and/or minimum 1-2 years’ relevant work experience in Finance, Administration and/or, preferably with an Non-Government Organisation (NGO).
- Demonstrated knowledge in handling Finance, logistics/storage transactions
- Knowledge of basic vehicle repairs and maintenance; with driving skills preferable
- Good oral and written Bislama; English is not required.
- Ability to make decisions within standard practices and as directed by a line manager.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic clerical, administrative or office service works.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team.
- Manage and acquit a small cash advance.
- Good interpersonal skills including, open mindedness, willingness to learn, team spirit, good attitude and personality.
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated honesty, reliable and trustworthy.
- Basic IT software skills, keyboard/data entry and numeracy skills are required.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse.
CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.
How to Apply
To find out more about this rewarding opportunity please sent your cover letter and CV in English before 26 September 2023, quoting the reference ‘ CIV2335’ as the subject of the email/letter
Mail: Port Vila Susie Jacobus, Human Resource Coordinator, PO Box 1129, Port Vila Vanuatu
Tanna Paul Shem, Senior Administration Officer CARE Office Isangel, Tanna
Email : [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
851 total views, 5 today