Full-Time EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR PROJECT MANAGER
CARE Vanuatu whose focus is on Emergency Response, Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) is implementing an emergency response program for Tropical Cyclone Harold. CARE, in partnership with the Vanuatu Society for People with Disabilities (VSPD) and in close collaboration with the Vanuatu Christian Council (VCC) and the Vanuatu Red Cross Society (VRCS), is responding to the immediate humanitarian and protection needs of most affected households in the islands of Pentecost and Ambrym.
CARE is urgently seeking a Project Manager position. He or she will be responsible for ensuring this project is delivered effectively and efficiently against agreed work plans and budgets, with the support of a Project Management Advisor. The Project manager will also be responsible for ensuring that CARE is contributing to strengthening the coordination of the response by participating in coordination structures, and ensuring that CARE is actively supporting and strengthening the leadership of the Gender and Protection Cluster engaged in the response.
The position is base in Port Vila but will require up to 40% of field travel to Pentecost and Ambrym on location.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social studies, climate change, Disaster Risk Reduction (or equivalent) and/or minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience, preferably in community based development work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Proven experience in project management;
- Proven experience developing and delivering gender capacity strengthening initiatives;
- Proven knowledge and experience working on emergency response projects;
- Professional communication in Bislama and excellent English;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Ability to develop high quality, concise reports and submission with accuracy;
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, planning, analytical and influencing skills;
- Strong representational skills including developing and maintaining networks and relationships with key stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work safely and effectively with communities and vulnerable groups including at risk youth and children;
- Fully conversant in Office applications, keyboard/data entry and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated passion for gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity.
1269 total views, 1 today