Not Stated EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – RPL ASSESSOR
Would you like to Partner with the Vanuatu Qualifications Authority (VQA) to certify uncertified workers through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for awards of VQF qualifications (RPL (Q))? Would you like to become an RPL (Q) Assessment Centre?
RPL is the generic term for formal assessment of an individual’s current knowledge and skills to confirm and recognize the learning outcomes he/she has already obtained in non-formal, informal, experiential, workplace and/or formal learning contexts towards the achievement of a formal qualification.
Expression of interest is sought for Registered PSET Providers, Industries and Business houses to submit the name(s) of their proposed assessor(s)/candidate(s) to participate in an RPL Assessors Capacity Building Workshop facilitated by the Vanuatu Qualifications Authority.
As an RPL Assessor your responsibilities will include:
- Develop appropriate tools and methods for each area of competency;
- Ensure clearly stated learning standards against prior learning are assessed (e.g. learning outcomes, competency standards);
- Establish procedures for assessing team-based prior learning;
- Identify methods that measure the application of knowledge and critical thinking;
- Use grading instruments to guide decision making (i.e. rubrics) established;
- Follow assessment policies and standards for assessment practices;
- Pre-test each assessment tool to ensure it is valid, reliable and consistent;
- Administer the assessment tool within the time and resources available;
- Assess one or group of learners;
- Organize for external assessment;
- Administer skills upgrading where needed;
- Participate in moderation activities;
- Use different assessment instruments such as Portfolio, Field and Validation Visits, Challenge Tests and Capstone Course(s) when assessing an RPL(Q) applicant;
- Conducting assessments, judging the evidence, making assessment decisions and preparing assessment report(s).
Interested candidates must possess:
- A Vocational (i.e. Mechanical, building construction, construction, tourism and Hospitality, Finance etc.) qualification at level 3 or above
- A Certificate IV in Education (VET Teaching) or Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or competencies in:
Plan assessment activities and processes
Participate in assessment validation or moderation
Design and develop assessment tools
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience and current industry skills
267 total views, 1 today