Full-Time EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (RE – ADVERTISEMENT)
Would you like to be that difference for youth development in Vanuatu? Are you interested in leading the growth of a small, local organisation developing youth for our tomorrow?
If so, Youth Challenge Vanuatu would love to hear from you!
Youth Challenge Vanuatu is seeking an organised and committed leader who is passionate about developing the youth of Vanuatu.
The Executive Director has overall responsibility for managing and ensuring the long term sustainability of the youth employment, small business and social enterprise programs run by YCV.
Who is Youth Challenge Vanuatu?
Youth Challenge Vanuatu (YCV) is a registered charitable organisation in Vanuatu and has been working with Vanuatu’s young people since 2001. Youth Challenge Vanuatu aspires to empower young people to reach and realise their potential through social enterprise, leadership, business, career and employment programs and services.
Why would I want to be an Executive Director?
The question is why not? The Executive Director role is a visionary and leadership position, which mobilizes programs that provide Vanuatu’s young people with leadership, employment, career development and small business opportunities.
You will meet young leaders and share in their successes due to their involvement in YCV’s programs.
What are the Executive Director responsibilities?
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Performance management of staff
- Fundraising and Donor Relationships
- Budget Management and Financial Reporting
- Organizational and Program Development
- Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- YCV Promotion and Networking
- Work Planning.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Held a senior leadership/ management position for a minimum of 3 years
- Holds a relevant tertiary degree
- Is informed of the agenda for youth development in Vanuatu
- Knowledge and applied skills in Program Management, Financial Management and Governance
- Has a clean criminal record.
- Proven track record as a leader and manager either in private sector, NGO or Government setting, able to motivate and mobilise team members to achieve objectives
- Successful fundraising experience and/ or donor proposal writing experience
- An ability to demonstrate experience and innovation in all aspects human resource management including recruitment, performance management, promotion pathway planning and building a successful workplace culture
- Experience implementing a new organisational structure
- Experience implementing newly designed programs
- Proven experience in developing strong networks with key national stakeholders such as Business Houses/ Private Sector, Government; Cooperatives Department, Department of Youth and Sport, TVET, Department of Labour, Vanuatu Society for People with Disabilities, Vanuatu Qualifications Authority (VQA), etc
- Experience and success in developing, managing and reporting on program budgets
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Bislama.
Salary: VT 2.1 million to 3.1 million commensurate with experience
996 total views, 3 today